Legacy of Dreams seems bugged (less damage than it should have)

So, I feel like this gem isn’t working as intended or the bonus is vague. With 7 ancient items on, meaning 13+7, it would be 20x multiplier to the damage. At 300%, it would make my damage output 6,000%. When I was fighting the rift guardian, I was doing around 3/5 of the damage that the full IK set does. Even assuming that the bonus is only for the damage reduction, it’s only 100% less damage than full IK, yet I do significantly less damage.

Let’s assume that the gem is at its max rank, i.e. 99.

That means you get a 375% damage boost for every legendary, and this is doubled for ancients (which includes primal ancients), i.e. 750%.

Assuming all of your gear is legendary, that means if you have 7 ancients, you have 6 standard legendaries. So, the gem’s effect would be…
( 6 * 375 ) + ( 7 * 750 ) = 2250 + 5250 = 7500% damage bonus

Once all of your gear is ancient (or ancient and primal) the bonus becomes…
( 13 * 750 ) = 9750% damage bonus

The reason that LoD builds can be more powerful than their set equivalents isn’t the damage multiplier (which could be lower than the set version) but that you potentially get the benefit of 13 legendary affixes versus only being able to get 7 when the other 6 slots are taken up by the set items. The extra affixes can be worth more than the set’s multipliers.

2 Likes

You seem to have misunderstood. The 6,000% damage I should be getting from the Legacy of Dreams is weaker than Immortal King’s. There is absolutely nothing about IK that is different when adding damage to your build. I feel like something is off about the gem.

The six-piece bonus of the Immortal King set is 4000%.
Last time I checked, 6000% > 4000%.

I haven’t done the math, but I’m pretty sure that a basic Wastes or IK set with supporting legendaries is stronger than a level 30-ish LOD build with random pieces even if they are Ancient.
You don’t see many LOD/LON Barbs.

Yes? I said that?

@yessquire

The LOD has to be around 60 with all ancients to be “stronger” than IK. When I’m doing significantly less damage while having 50% more damage, there’s an issue. Especially considering the modifiers I had from my items were better than when wearing IK.

When I inspected your profile, your only hero was a Barb wearing Wastes gear in a WW/Rend build. So, could you provide a link to your hero with this LoD gear equipped, including what level that LoD gem is at?

Sorry man but that is irrelevant. Unless for some reason wearing a set item alone (no bonuses) is not considered a legendary item, which is very possible, there should be no reason I was doing less damage. I was only wearing 3 set items, separate sets. So assuming that is the case, that would have been x14 instead of 20.

Is that the reason? Because I was using set items without bonuses? That’s the only logical thing I can think of as far as the reason why it wasn’t stronger than it was.

EDIT: So I have my LoD at 311.25% with 6 ancient items. Using the same weapons on IK, I do about 3x more damage with IK (maybe more not entirely sure). The LoD should be giving me 50% higher damage than IK. In fact, going from my 200% multiplier up to the 311.25% didn’t change my damage at all from what I recall. At least not to what I noticed. I removed all set items from my gear and my damage didn’t change either. Something is wrong with this gem.

The LoD (or LoN) damage multiplier isn’t reflected in your character sheet damage, but it does affect your actual damage. The gem works just fine. Some of the world’s highest GR clearances have been done with heroes in LoD builds.

Can you explain why 6,000% + WotB is 1/3 the damage of full IK set? 4,000% WotB isn’t more than the former. It clearly isn’t working properly. I can barely hit 100b with MORE sheet dps and SAME weapons while IK does over 300b, usually more. You’re basically telling me I’m wrong when it clearly doesn’t work as described. I should be doing 9,000% damage with WoTB while IK is doing 6,000%.

I’ll say it one more time. 9,000 is MORE than 6,000 and it does LESS damage. It’s broken. I don’t know why you can’t understand this. Even assuming that the bonus only applies to the damage reduction from ancients, it should still do at minimum the same amount of damage.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m telling you.
Again, please provide a link to the hero with their gear so we can inspect it.

Just have to wait until it updates. I understand that you’re trying to go into this with believing that I’m missing something or whatever, but I am quite aware of what I am doing and how the game works.

Give it a bit until it decides to update.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Arcterious-1138/hero/119067524