Leave the altar as permanent

The game is still fun to play but its already old. I dont want it do die. The new era star with D4.
I think S28 is one of the best season ever.

I would like to let ALTAR be permanent. There are a lot of good thing for casual players. Just remove special potion spells.

Just do it please or make vote to let the players decide if they want it.

You still can make new season content every season or use the old one.

Thanks a lot.

10 Likes

Hey there!

The Altar of Rites will be in the game permanently starting in Season 30 (With a few minor changes)! Rejoice!

46 Likes

Can you clarify this please? Do you mean the Altar will be present in all seasons starting from Season 30, or do you mean it’ll also be added to non-seasonal play?

Please, please, please say you’re removing the Staff of Herding requirement!

7 Likes

I hope the changes don’t remove QoL stuff but only the powercreep portion. (Or staff of herding requirement)

However the altar itself is an amazing addition. Really hyped to see it become permanent

1 Like

I do hope this includes removal of anything that make certain gameplay mechanics redudant, like permanent CC immunity.

Also if the Altar has to be unlocked again, the Staff of Herding requirement must go.

6 Likes

Isnt it possible to add the altar this season aswell? With the para cap it would be very interesting… And this season is lacking tbh… The vision’s could be “good” if they were in rifts tbh. But in the open its mehh.
Just make altar seasonal only :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or at least convince Chiltara to drop the Gibbering gemstone more often :smile:

5 Likes

Awesome!!!

Could you share those minor adjustments, please?

For s29, could we -pretty please- get the auto pickup and auto salvage? Perhaps as a seasonal buff or something?

1 Like

Just 1 Way down, so you have to decide creativily.
& Respec costs 100% of your current Gold.

if the altar is perma starting season 30, does that mean it will move to non season after 30?

It should be available to non season with start of S30 as well

Not really worried about that one, I have several Staff’s in non-season. That said, if we then have to do the Altar every season, THAT would be a chore. Hmmmm

Game on.

I think the theme+alter would be too OP hence the delay. As for non season perhaps they are still tinkering with the tree and need time.

I’m unable to see how these glorified vaults (portals) + the Altar are OP.

They are extremely underwhelming.

1 Like

He most likely meant reoccuring seasonal themes like ethereals and soulstones + altar.

Therefore Altar needs changes when it becomes permanent, so that these themes can still be reused.

If they make the altar permanent now, they’d need to nerf it later for those seasonal themes. Which makes nerfing them first the better idea.

Imo they should give us auto pickup and salvage as S29 seasonal buffs though, until the altar rolls to permanent status

Fair enough.

What is so hard about removing a couple nodes and/or changing a couple numbers? Lol.

the altar of rites will be a permanent mechanic starting in season 30 (as well as the petrified screams of S26) and will be both in and out of season, as reported by Adam Fletcher on twitter a week ago

the altar of rites will be a permanent mechanic starting in season 30

it will be, so Adam Fletcher said on Twitter a week ago

Adding to NS w/o paragon limitation is way too OP. Paragon limitation on NS is too big a nerf interms of player input/effort. 10k would be pointless. 5k is too low as 10 year veterans usually have 10-13k hard earned paragon full legit from years of grinding. Its best to leave altar for seasons only and NS left alone with 10k+ paragon as base line. Its not like NS is a popular realm anyway.