Leapquake build help

Hi new player here and I’m having problems with the build I’m following (Diablo 3 Season 26 Barbarian Leapquake GR 126+ & starter build guide - Patch 2.7.3 (Torment 16) - YouTube)

Basically normal and elite mobs can kill me in seconds while map bosses just one shots me. I’m currently just hanging at torment 11 normal rifts farming gr keys, with at least 0-5 deaths per normal rift run. Damage wise my toon is doing fine but doesn’t feel like a glass cannon.

What’s wrong and what improvements i can do to my current setup?

Should i just stick to a lower torment where survivability wouldn’t be an issue and farm gr keys? As of now leapquake builds are not really in the high tier category according to guides I’ve seen.

Also can the build I’m following reach t11-15 without perfect roll items? I’m fine settling at those difficulty as I can already see that getting to 16 without perfect stats on items would be an issue.

Any other barb builds i should just switch to?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Kippss-1619/hero/125163319

Any help would be appreciated :relaxed:

Death’s are from missing Band of Might. You also need to get your gem to Lvl 25, you can easily do that.

As to the ring, make a new Lvl 1 Barb and spend shards at Kadala for the ring, it will be low level just cube it, or even wear it until you get your Restraint.

Yep, solved my surv issues with band of might. Thanks!

What ring should i try to get from kadala at level 1? Restraint?

Band of Might. Since you already have it, don’t worry about that part of the advice. Band of Might (BoM) is one of only 2 legendary rings that can be gambled at character level one by a barb, so using a lvl 1 alt to gamble it can be a trick to getting one easily if you haven’t had one drop. The catch is that it’s level 1, but the item level doesn’t matter when you extract to the cube.

At level 70, all the legendary and set rings can be gambled from kadala, so the odds of getting BoM are lower since they’re are more possible legendary rings in the drop pool.

1 Like

Hi Kipp!

Now that you’ve got Band of Might (use it in the Cube), you’ll want to equip Focus and Restraint rings on your character. For your amulet, you’ll want to use a good Flavor of Time, but if you can’t find a good one, a good Hellfire is also a great choice.

Very high-Paragon players can opt to swap Band of Might for Convention of Elements in the Cube, but that requires a lot of main stat, excellent gear rolls, and some other gear swaps since it makes you super squishy.

If you want some extra toughness, try using Parthans as your bracer since Mortick’s isn’t super essential for the build. For legendary gems, you’ll use Stricken, Trapped, and Gogok when pushing, and when speed-farming you can swap Stricken for Bane of Powerful. Some players need to swap Gogok for Esoteric Alteration, especially if they don’t have the main stat needed to tank damage.

You’ll want to get rid of Dread Iron and use Girdle of Giants ASAP – that’s a ton of damage you’re missing.

You’ll also want 2 CDR rolls on gear + a diamond in your helm. If you’re having trouble keeping your Leap cycles in sync, you can get a third CDR roll; generally, players get them on a rings, shoulders, and their weapon or gloves. Other mandatory rolls are, of course, CHC, CHD, and AD.

For more info, check out the Top 8 thread stickied in this forum.

2 Likes

Will keep an eye on the gems and the hellfire amulet thanks.

My current goal is to get the waist item. Can you get girdle of giants from kadala? I’ve spent most of my blood shards on belts and haven’t got one.

You probably know this but in case you don’t, use the rare Mighty Belts you get from Kadala and take them to the Cube and use the upgrade rare recipe, the 3rd one, it shouldn’t take to long to get the Girdle of Giants. Be sure you use the Mighty Belt rares in the recipe, other wise you will just be wasting Mats.
Yes Kadala can drop the Girdle, but sometimes she can be really mean and refuse to give you what you want. :unamused:
Good Luck!
:peace_symbol:

Basically what Windigo said but I will add on a bit. Rolling shards on belts at kadala you lump regular and mighty belts together and create one big loot pool. The best way to attain any specific mighty belt is to craft a few mighty belts at the blacksmith then upgrade them in the cube. This eliminates bloodshards you wasted on regular belts and makes your loot pool a total of 7 instead of 20. Now you need mats to go this route but it is a lot better. You can use this same path for finding mighty weapons as well. At kadala you would have a loot pool of 43 which is terrible chances. So craft 4-5 mighty weapons at a time then go upgrade them. Your loot pool by upgrading is only 8.

2 Likes