Latency again ? can someone from tech who had a brilliant mind to answer this pls

how come most of your servers occur latency issues … again ? It takes my barb 3 seconds to initiate “furious charge” after pressing my mechanical keyboard key. This was happening for 2 straight days ! I rechecked my internet access with 150 mbps and it is running cool from ookla. jesus christ ! facebook and youtube runs better than yours

Hey there KaiOmenKhan,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this. I know having crazy high latency makes it super hard to rift and puts our much loved hardcore characters at risk. I’ll do my best to help go over the situation.

Typically video streaming services buffer several minutes in advance, which minimizes impact from latency and packet loss. Since Diablo 3 is a real time online multiplayer game it does not have the option to have such an extensive buffer time.

Since this account is connecting to game servers in a different region, the data must travel through various undersea cables. The physical distance plus the added network congestion from recent world events can cause slowdowns for sure.

Some undersea cables near Singapore are also under maintenance. When this happens users may be routed around problem cables, which can increase network traffic in other areas. This can further the already high network traffic and cause slowdowns too.

Lets go ahead and grab a winMTR so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde * (~*) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

Can I know what are the cables that are under maintenance?

Perhaps the one I mentioned in the other thread:

I have checked the ISP website, still no ETA.

Usually, undersea cables take many (4, 5 or more ?) weeks to repair.

1 Like

i have noticed one thing about blizzard latency and that is that it varies every time you come into a game. i think that is because every time the server gets a request it plugs you in to different connection paths based on availability. if you get a reallly slow connection try simply dropping out of that game and reconnecting…maybe a few times. of course if you are just leveling gems or something maybe you dont need the extra bandwidth but if you are rift pushing or something like that you might want to try what i said and see if it works.

@ Tech support , tsk tsk tsk … sigh. The issue haven’t been resolved. Honestly, I’m not satisfied of whatever instructions you’ve provided. Still the same banana !

@ Archangel, thank you . I strongly believed your alternative way is more effective. That’s what I’m currently doing. Yeah that’s correct, not all servers are the same. A few servers are perfect although majority of them are obviously sooooo delayed for 2-3 seconds.

Sad to say that here also happens , latency drop every minute make the game almost unplayable . Yeah you can upgrade some gems but sometime also you get directly disconnected .

Hope they fix something soon :frowning:

KaiOmenKhan,

In order to help identify the issue, we asked for a winMTR. We need this information to diagnose where the communication breakdown is.

WinMTR statistics                                   |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 130.105.243.175 - 0 | 9053 | 9053 | 0 | 0 | 20 | 0 |

| 10.104.96.1 - 0 | 9053 | 9053 | 1 | 10 | 1000 | 3 |

| 172.20.18.213 - 1 | 9027 | 9020 | 2 | 6 | 192 | 9 |

| 177.1.49.161 - 0 | 9053 | 9053 | 1 | 2 | 26 | 2 |

| 65.1.49.161 - 1 | 9048 | 9047 | 1 | 3 | 51 | 2 |

| 250.1.49.161 - 1 | 9050 | 9049 | 3 | 5 | 44 | 4 |

| 10.9.49.161 - 79 | 2215 | 483 | 0 | 7 | 35 | 4 |

| 7-1-4.ear1.LosAngeles6.Level3 - 100 | 1830 | 1 | 0 | 162 | 162 | 162 |

| No response from host - 100 | 1829 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 4.7.26.166 - 1 | 8759 | 8681 | 147 | 152 | 347 | 148 |

| ae1-br01-csla1.as57976 - 1 | 8787 | 8716 | 147 | 151 | 261 | 168 |

| xe-0-0-1-3-br01-eqla1.as57976 - 0 | 9053 | 9053 | 162 | 169 | 1228 | 164 |

| 137.221.68.83 - 4 | 8093 | 7842 | 146 | 151 | 270 | 147 |

| 24.105.30.129 - 1 | 8993 | 8977 | 147 | 148 | 171 | 149 |

|____________|||||||

It definitely looks like the signal is being degraded while traveling across the ocean. The packet count is going from 9050 to 8759 after it reaches LA. Any time data is lost in transit, the game has to resend or rereceive the same information repeatedly until everything comes through. This can definitely have the “Laggy” feel.

My best advice here would be to discuss the issue with the Internet Service Provider and let them know how it’s impacting your online experience. Provide them with the winMTR test if possible since it displays the problem.

I have also seen players use VPN services to reroute their own signal if the ISP is unwilling to, but that is not technically supported. For any assistance setting up a VPN please be sure to contact the software developer of that program.

I do hope the info helps. If there’s anything else you might need just let us know.

kaldraysis,

Nope… I don’t mean to be rude but honestly, “you haven’t resolved my issue.” Your advise does not imply any sense at all.

I already found a solution via another technical expert. I was hoping you could provide me the same analysis & logical diagnostics the other techie gave me She resolves my issue several hours ago before you replied. She adjusted a number of codes for my settings and by lucky means…, my Diablo 3 system is now running smoothly. It works like a charm !

I believed your Manager is also reading this copy of forum messages however, I’m not barely satisfied of your solution. You should not mention nor share anything about VPN services in the first place because Blizzard does not supports that idea. I am all set to purchase Blizzard’s Diablo 4 in the coming future and crossing my fingers, hoping … this latency won’t happen again

Thanks anyway on your advise, but no thanks . End of discussion.

So, why not tell everyone in the thread what the solution was, in case it could be helpful to other people having similar problems?

While it’s possible the test we saw earlier was not 100% accurate, we stand by our analysis. Let us know if the problem comes back and re run the winMTR so we can make sure the problem that we saw earlier has not returned.