Lamentation bug?

Just found out that there is no rend % buff on my lamentation belt, which dropped less than one week ago… The belt is primal ancient so I’m expecting 150% increase in rend damage, but the affix says “Rend can now stack up to 2 times on an enemy.” That’s a period at the end, no buff to rend damage.

I also checked the cube effect. It says “Rend can now stack up to 2 times on an enemy, and the damage of Rend is increased by 150%.”

Is it a bug, or intentional?

If it dropped before the 2.6.7a patch it won’t have the damage buff on it. If I’m remembering correctly 2.6.7a hit on Wednesday.

2 Likes

correct. A 2.6.7a buffed the belt and like all other buffs in the past, its not retroactively updated and you must find the item again.
This has been true for like ever.

1 Like

Only legendary sets get actively updated. Regular legendary items you have to farm the items all over again if they’re changed.

But looks like this works only one-sided way.

If you have a legendary in your item, that increases some skill damage by 100-150%. If this legendary gets buffed in a new patch to 150-200% - the item you possess remains in its old variant, and you cannot even reroll it to the new version in the Cube.

But if the same item gets nerfed instead (like, to 50-100%), the item you possess MAGICALLY turns into its new nerfed version.

This is intended. A nerf has to affect the current item ID else those with the unnerfed item would essentially have an item no one else could get. A buff meanwhile is far easier to code if you just make it as a new item and give it a new item ID. This allows a legecy item to exist for those that are collectors of that sort of thing. Making a new item ID is probably far easier to do then actually editing a live item.
Sets are different as its the bonus that is modified, not the item.

Making a new item ID is probably far easier to do then actually editing a live item.

Apparently this is not true, since they easily edit live items after nerfing them.