Laggy hit response and character sudden shift

I hit a monster, and it keeps running alive for around 2-3 seconds and suddenly dies. It’s always the case for me.
And sometimes (twice in a minute approximately), My character would suddenly revert/backtrace to the position 2-3 seconds ago. Not only the position is reverted, but also the stamina value.

In the inventory tab, it’s quite slow to sell an item (the process takes around 1 second). Even dragging items to change/replace position is laggy and becomes a torment.

These issues severely affect my in-game experience. The sudden shift often causes unexpected hit by monsters.

Environment

Graphics: Nvidia RTX 2080
Disk: Samsung 970 Evo
CPU: Intel i7-9700k

1 Like

Launcher defaults to US version. make sure you start in your region, this was the problem for me with your issue. and I switched to my region and it was resolved.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, I’m in US and the region setting is US as well. It might be my network issues, Comcast is always that awful :slight_smile:

But why do I need to communicate with server for every action in single player mode? I thought I should be able to play it smoothly without any network.

It says multiplayer beta, so maybe there is no single player mode at this beta test? If that’s the case, then it makes sense.

1 Like

The original game with the original battle.net implementation was (and still is) always like that. Very very laggy, even if you play with the right region and even if you have a great internet access.

I was hoping that they would have change this flawed architecture with the new battle.net and that everything would run smoothly without lag. I was wrong and that that’s a big disappointment here. It’s exactly like the original, painful and laggy.

1 Like

yes no singleplayer this beta. everyone stress testing the multiplayer mode now.

Type /fps in chat to see your latency to the server, it should be very high with the experience you are reporting. The servers must be very overloaded now, lets hope in the next beta/final release they strengthen the infrastructure…

I believe you are referring to rubber-banding.

It looks like the game is still running on your client, but the connection to the server has lagged and once it catches up, it “resets” you back to your previous spot.

I also had this very slow hit response in the original and that is why could not play online even if I wanted to. This time it is luckily manageable (testing on PS5) but still a bit distracting.

Laggy response on both pc and Xbox. Noticeable delay between pressing the button and the character performing the action. It’s a bit better on PC vs console, but delay exists nevertheless. Hope it gets fixed in the single player version