Ladder update please

Can we please have an update on the ladder start? If you are gonna release it soon after launch there is almost no point to playing until that time for a lot of people. No one wants to restart after a few weeks. If you do not provide this information i believe a lot of people will just stick to non ladder as it is no different than ladder now as well as its fresh. Maybe for the next reset people will hop on but not many will want to start over 2 weeks or a month in. I wish we would just make the launch of the game Ladder 1 and just implement the rankings or whatever when its ready and until then we play Ladder 1 without rankings.

3 Likes

I think they need some more details about how the game/battle.net is running post release before they can zero in on a start date.

5 Likes

Ya so? I see nothing wrong with this but im sure more information is coming soon they know people want to know this. Please be patient. Im not saying that you shouldnt be asking for this information just trying to reassure you that they know.

I wish this as well.

second this.

keeping 50% + of the playerbase in limbo about when the relevant part of the game launches for them is really bad.

1 Like

Honestly if your main reason for playing ladders is for the fresh start/fresh economy aspect, I suggest playing non-ladder until the 2nd ladder. We’re getting that fresh start right from the get-go.

6 Likes

This. First run characters with the brand new servers will effectively be a “ladder for all”, whether or not you want to participate. Once the actual ladder begins, we’ll have actual separation of the two entities.

2 Likes

Yeah but there is no point in splitting up players in the first ladder season. Just make launch Ladder 1 and implement the ranking system or whatever once its ready. Essentially everyone plays ladder at launch since there is no non ladder to go to. People racing for 99 or high levels will show up once its available.

1 Like

Although I think it’s unlikely at this point, there is always the possibility they may announce some sort of new incentive to play ladder, who knows?

They could technically tag everyone’s characters as “Ladder” once Ladder goes live, I suppose. Allow people who do not want to stay in Ladder to opt out of it.
We also need to consider the limitations of Diablo 2. We’re still using the old game as a base, and as such, they likely don’t have the tools to implement such a system.
Maybe they do, we’ll never know until it happens. But I do like the idea.

No they wouldn’t ever do that. There are bound to be issues right out of the gate that can prevent a large enough group from participating.

True 'nuff. I just look at it all as conjecture until we have more concrete information about the situation. Anything’s possible, but the most likely scenario is they’re just going to launch ladder with no regard to anyone and let everyone decide what they want to do.

Yeah I was thinking about this, if they start the ladder a few weeks in, it’s almost pointless. The 5 players who race to 99 might do it, but launch is basically a fresh ladder season considering there is no more ladder only content. It’s too early for a reset unless it’s at least 3-4 months in.

1 Like

Meh I wanted this update myself until they nerfed ladder, now there is no point in playing ladder unless your main goal is to be as high on the race to 99 as you can be.

Ill play NL and build my characters there with all the same perks Ladder has.

Ladder IS pointless. Even when ladder starts @ game release. There is NO logical reason to play ladder when you can get the items in non ladder, too.

1 Like

All depends on launch day issues! :slight_smile: