Ladder runewords

I know I’m not the first to mention this, but I’d love to see ladder runewords unlocked. When the ladder was more active, it made some sense to incentivize people to use it by having ladder-only runewords, but especially now, ladder isn’t really appealing because it’s so infrequently refreshed, and a lot of people were never that into it in the first place, in any case. Having content locked away that way feels vaguely like a deprivation; making runewords is easily my favorite thing to do in this game.

I’m not really anticipating any further changes to classic D2 now that Resurrected is coming out, but this one seems so simple to impliment, and it’d really refresh the old game.

3 Likes

There’s quite a few mods that bring the Ladder Runewords into single player D2 if that’s what you’re after.

You don’t even need mods to activate ladder rune words. It’s as simple as creating a couple of folders, copy and pasting, and adding 3 letters to the target line of the shortcut.

1 Like

Right, but I’m interested in them being unlocked on non-ladder Battle.net. I just don’t see a compelling reason for them to be locked to any particular game modes, really.

1 Like

Is the PlugY mod considered cheating? The shared stash, ladder runewords and free skill switching is pretty awesome. Once the remaster comes out is there a possibility for issues if i use this on single player?

what does plugy do gameplaywise?

it does not change the drops or give you any kind of advantage other than: you can build ladder runewords in offline mode and you get clone and UT offline
you still need to kill em yourself

most single player communities will not give a damn if you use plugy, besides if you do not trade, you are not interacting with anybody else anywhere, so who gives a crap`?

Yeah it’s basically just qol changes. Its amazing having a bigger stash and shared. Makes the game that much more enjoyable. Hope the stash is just like this on the remaster

Plugy gives you an (effectively) infinite shared (and personal) stash.

D2R does not, you’ll get a slightly bigger personal stash, along with (at the moment at least) 1 page of shared stash.