Ladder Launch. 1 Week. 1 Month? 3 Months?

Yup. That’s the entire point of this thread. Hopefully Blizzard will actually do their fans a favor and give them some info.

1 Like

in a tweet i read blizz said (paraphrased): “once we launch we will let you know when ladder will open in September”

so they appear to be planning for a September launch of ladder–so within one week of launch

Never probably, or when they do it won’t matter because it’s pointless and ruined now.

Ohh damn. Can you find a link to this? I can’t seem to find it.

I lost where I saw it will post it again if I come across it

blue post

“Once we have a more precise gauge on this front, we’ll notify the community of the exact date and time in September.”

maybe this is misreading it, but i interpreted in september as the launch date is in sept, but they could say that the announcement around timing is in sept. I feel like that would be pretty awful sentence structure to get through a comms/PR team though

1 Like

You’re awesome man! Thanks a ton!

pretty sure the blue post is just referring to when they will be telling us not what month they plan to start it. They wont even start know how much work they need to do to get the servers ready for it till the 23rd.

2 Likes

The real question is this. Will D2:R ladder be released before or after WC3:R ladder?

1 Like

If it is anything like WC3 deforged, we won’t get a ladder.

Surely VV can do a better job than Blizz did though…

do we even know if ladder is going to be regional ( west, east, europe ) ???

Perhaps but man what a bad sentence then

No idea about when it starts. I will play SP until it does. I don’t want to have characters in non clogging up my account. What with its ever more saturated economy.

Soon as people stop logging in! That’s when they will add the ladder! To get them to come back! Not a new strategy and won’t be the last time they use this strategy.

This is soul-crushingly true in D2R, unfortunately. Hardly any incentive to play ladder at all.

So, now I’m forced to play D2R in a way I never played D2? :roll_eyes:

for me, there’s no more point to focus on ladder since blizzard changed all previous ladder only runewords, cube recipes to be available in standard and single player. very great change.

1 Like

you still want to compete the first level 99 character?
you still need ladder to collect ladder only items?
ladder is not important anymore.
with all gears available in single and non ladder play, no new content, no new gameplay, no prize, no no no … no more ladder is needed

this may be true for you but not for the entire community I for one will likely play ladder once the servers are too heavily flooded with items, though allowing the parasite that is jsp to exist dampens the effect of a “fresh” economy it will still be nice to have fewer items circulating over all.

1 Like

I remember a time when ladder didn’t exist in d2 either.

For several years there was no ladder or non ladder. It was just battlenet.

The point of the ladders was to reset economy after dupes and bots destroyed it. I think it will be fine not having a ladder for a while.

Yeah, me too. Played D2 classic a lot, and really liked it, but TBH, it wasn’t until LoD that I really fell in love with this game. Went from a semi-casual player to a card-carrying guild member, dedicating entire weekends to the fight, LAN parties, Popeye’s chicken, etc.

The ladders had a way of constantly refreshing the game for me - pulling me back in every few months. Going to miss that with D2R I’m afraid.

1 Like