Lack of primal drops

i have been running with friends for days and not seen a primal. they have gotten 3 tonight and 2 where set items. why cant i seem to get primal stuff on a toon that has done level 75 grift? there has to be something wrong. even the new guy that just started 3 weeks ago gets more gear then me when it comes to primal.

No, there doesn’t.

Primals are roughly 1 in 400 legendaries. So, the best way to increase your number of primals is to get more legendaries. Run GRs at the highest level you can run them taking no more than 3-4 minutes per run. That way you’ll maximise the number of legendaries per hour you can earn and, hence, primals.

i have run 25 grift 90 and got nothing. in that same amout of runs the other guys i run with got 4+ primals. tell me nothing is wrong!!!

Nothing is wrong.
Someone has better luck, then the other has less luck. You are the other one.

1 Like

Just to check, you have done GR70+ solo right? Anyway, rng is rng. Sometimes you get no primals for a week. Sometimes you get 4 the same day. Such is life.

On average, GR90s will get you 12 legendaries from the guardian.
25 of those runs = 25 * 12 legendaries = 300 legendaries

Chance that a legendary will be primal = 1/400
Chance that a legendary will not be primal = 399/400

Chance that none of X legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^X
Chance that none of 300 legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^300 = 0.471923

So, just over 47% of players would get that result.

You got a result that almost half of players would expect to get.
So, yes, I’m telling you that nothing is wrong.

2 Likes

so i have done another 35 grifts and still nothing and the guy i run with has gotten 2. there has to be something wrong!!!

That means you’re up to a total of 60 GR90 runs.
So, roughly 60 * 12 legendaries = 720 legendaries.

Chance that none of 720 legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^720 = 0.164926

That means roughly 1 in 6 people would get this result.
So, yes, I’m telling you that there’s still nothing wrong.

Have you confirmed that you are eligible for primal drops?

another 10 runs last night at 100 and still nothing for me and my bro gets 3.
im still not amused by this.

Did you complete a lvl 70 grift solo? That might be your problem if you’re only doing them in groups.

It should also be dependent on what type of item clears more of the confusion when alternating set to legendary

I have to agree, primal drop rate is horrible. I only play solo and have done lvl70 GR’s on all my toons, yet after at least 60 GR 70 plus runs I have yet to have one primal drop from any boss, the only primals I have ever got was one from crafting, a couple from Kadala (I know…freeking amazing! but they were crap of course)
I do understand the mechanics of the drop rate, but I should have one or two after 60 runs…don’t ya think?

1 Like

At GR70 you’ll get around 10 legendaries from the Guardian, so with 60 runs that’s a total of around 600 legendaries. And, we’re back to statistics…

Chance that none of 600 legendaries will be primal = (399/400)^600 = 0.222711

Between 1 in 4 and 1 in 5 people would get this result. So, it’s not only entirely possible for you to not have one after 600 drops but completely unsurprising.