Kormac's Unease - Undoable for me

The conversation Kormac’s Unease won’t pop for me. I’ve completed all the rest of Kormac N’ Cheese conversations except Kormac’s Unease. Won’t pop where the wiki says it will. I began the quest “Souls of the Dead” popped back and forth between the locations before during and after completion and the conversation with Kormac will not appear. Rinse and repeated numerous times. Still shows that conversation as not completed in the achievement log.

I even restarted with Act IV and went though to the quest of Souls of the Dead and Kormac still shows only one conversation in the pick list “The corruption of the Templar”.

Perhaps the conversation is unavailable after completing “The Templar’s Reckoning”?

Do I need to reset all quests and start over? Seems like a horrid way to pick up one simple conversation?

Thanks,
Frank

This is not a bug.

This is the wrong forum to ask for help. Next time, use the General Discussion Forum or the New Player Help Forum.

No. You just need to reset your Quests to Act V, Souls of the Dead. Then, talk to Kormac before you do anything else.

Thanks but, when I select reset, it states “RESET STORY PROGRESSION” Are you sure you want to reset your story progression? You will begin the campaign in Act I and all quest rewards and first time boss kill rewards will be reset. Please type ‘RESET’ to confirm.

I’ve done multiple start overs of Act V and still can’t get that conversation to appear. Perhaps you should read my full post before responding. I’m also not going to post in new player. I got this conversation achievement years ago when I played under a different account.

You should be getting this:

Click OK. When you are finished, you can reset the game again to the Quest you were previously working on.

Are you sure you’re selecting the correct Quest, in the appropriate Act? You shouldn’t have to restart the entire game unless you also changed the Game Difficulty. But, even then, I believe you can still reset the Quest in any Act.

If you have further issues, please post some screenshots. (To post the URL to your screenshots, paste the Direct Link to the image in your post. Select the image URL and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar).

For this Conversation, you don’t want to start at the beginning of Act V. Select the second Act V Quest: Souls of the Dead. (And don’t select any of the sub-Quests. Just click on Souls of the Dead and then click OK). Go directly to Kormac and talk to him before doing anything else.

Again. Weeks after your response, I change to Act V, quest Souls of the Dead, reset that quest, talking to Kormac first thing, the first conversation “The Corruption of the Templar” is already completed and grayed out. If I continue and complete the entire Act V, I show these completed conversations with Kormac (they are grayed out):

A Future With Eirenna
Talking to Eirenna
The Future
Peace of Mind
The Corruption of the Templar

I’ve rinsed and repeated the entire Act V again and again. No change to my original issue. I can’t complete Korman n’ Cheese and I don’t see any avenue to do so. I can’t even get the Templar’s Reckoning quest to re-pop.

I think I need to escalate this as an issue with my account.

Unfortunately this is not a thing that exists. Blizzard does not address bugs on an individual basis.

If you have already completed this quest on a particular hero, you can not complete it again on that hero unless you reset the entire campaign. I think the Follower Quests are the only part of the game that can only be completed once per hero.

If you have never completed the event on your account and you need the achievement, then I suggest you do the following:

Create a new level 1 hero and have someone give you the waypoint to act 5. Talk to Kormac, and this will trigger the event.

I just tried this on the Asia server, and it worked fine for me.

Let me know if you need the Act 5 waypoint on any Server.

Here is a video showing how it is done:

1 Like

Works fine for me:

1 Like

Using your instructions, I followed your instructions and got the achievements.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Did you try clicking on the grayed-out Conversation? You can replay it, even if it’s grayed-out. However, I’m not sure it would trigger the Achievement being completed for you.

You can try VitaKaninen’s suggestion of creating a new Character to see if you can get it.

You should also post a screenshot of Kormac’s Conversations from your Achievements Window. That way, we can see which of his Conversations you’ve completed and ones you haven’t completed.

Like this one:

Note: Most Achievements are global per Game Mode. That is to say, if one Character completes that Achievement, it is completed for all Characters in that Game Mode. Normal Characters and Hardcore Characters are separate.

Edit:

Just saw this. (I should’ve scrolled a little farther.   )

Congratulations!  

1 Like

There is not a bug here.

There is a fork in the storyline that is created when you talk to Kormac about his order, and you are given a choice to either confront the Templar Order, or to turn a blind eye.

Once you progress the dialog with Kormac and he presents the quest to you, you must make a decision to either act on his suspicions about his order, or not. If you do not take the quest quickly, then you can not run it later because you have made the choice to not take action, and the dialog with Kormac will be different for the rest of Act 5…

If you complete the quest as soon as it becomes available, then all the dialog with Kormac changes from that point on.

Again, the split in the story is created when you talk to Kormac, and are presented with the quest. Inaction on your part will make the quest become unavailable for that character because you decided not to help them, and you will need to either reset the campaign, or talk to Kormac on another character.

The same applies to the other followers. The interactions and dialog between you and the followers, and between the followers themselves will be different depending on whether or not you decided to help them on their quest and get them closure with their storyline.

1 Like

It’s not bugged. You are doing something wrong.

It is a per-hero decision. You would have to reset the entire campaign to be able to reset it.

That is 100% correct.

If you skip the quest it will no longer be available when you finish the game. If you run the quest once, it will no longer be available on that hero unless you reset the campaign.

It was designed that way when they made RoS. This was to prevent people from farming Whites, Blues, and Pools by running the 3 quests over and over and resetting the game. The highest difficulty in the game at that time was T1, and loot was still rare.

It was designed that way, therefore it is not a bug.

If you would like to suggest that they change it, this is not the right forum that… If you just need the achievement, then I suggest that you follow the instructions in my post up above.

1 Like