Kill 350 enemies cursed chest

Im interrested, if any of you WDs, cleared this conquest with a SB build solo?

I tried it 3 times and failed all around 330+.
I also tried it with a Rend barb and failed around 275+.

Normally if i see this conquest before season start, i’ll pick Demon Hunter Multishot, for the job. But im not going to do a DH just for this conquest alone.

Ofc I could ask someone to help me, but i prefer to do it solo, so how do you think it can be done by a WD (or Barb).

Ty in advance.

I did it with a ww/rend barb. But only just! 352 in the end.

1. Make sure you do it at Torment X. Doesn’t need to be any higher.
  2. Use the Hurricane rune on Whirlwind that sucks them in. If you can’t maintain wrath then fiddle with your passives.
  3. stack speed so you can whirl around end-to-end as quickly as possible.
  4. I used Furious charge rather than ground stomp to boost speed.
    HTH, YMMV

Finished it together with a tempest rush monk. I ran with a SB wd. Just go full damage and go for the lowest Torment level possible and make sure your manitou oneshots everything. With 2 man party just pick 1 side each and make sure you keep spamming. Finished it in 1 try.

Ended up with a ww/rend barb and finish it first try. Ty guys.

I cleared it on Torment 10 with SB at paragon ~500 first try. Only managed to kill 353 though.

Keep your 3 phantasms spread around the 3 spawn locations and stand in the middle.

I’ve done it twice so far, but in 4 man groups. I do solo 99% of the time, but for this conquest, unless I’m running a MS DH, I watch the conquest channels for someone looking to make a group for Cursed Peat and join in.

FWIW, I don’t think there was a single DH in either group I was in. (One of the groups I already had it, but joined because they wanted someone to come help kill.) A few Barbs in the groups including me running Savages.

You can do it with some weird builds. Since it’s only T10, max damage isn’t the goal. What you actually want is near-instant hitting huge AoE. This is why Multishot and Wave of Light excel at it.

I’ve done it on wizard with a channeling Blizzard: Apocalypse build. Can do with either Tal’s or LoD. I’ve actually done it on both Cursed Peat and Cursed Bellows on solo wizard with this build. You basically just cover the map with Blizzards and keep on channeling, stuff dies as it spawns. I’ve also done it with a twister wizard, but Blizzard is better.

Here is the build(s) I used: https://www.d3planner.com/708174624

(note in the Tal’s build, EB and Frozen Mist are there to proc Tal’s 6p bonus without breaking channel to avoid dropping Deathwish + Etched Sigil now that there is a 1 second delay)

I know you didn’t ask about wizard, but I brought up that build to make a point: sometimes, the best build for this conquest isn’t a mainstream build. It’s a weird build with huge AoE. Since it’s only T10, you don’t need max DPS. You just need enough DPS to one-shot trash on T10. After that, it’s all about speed and AoE. You don’t need super overkill DPS.

On WD, as weird as this sounds, you might be able to do it with something like LoD Acid Rain. Big, fast hitting AoE with residual pools to polish stuff off.

EDIT: Looks like this dude did it solo with SB in S20:

He barely squeaked under though. If you can eke out enough mana regen (100% uptime on Rain Dance) and DPS with Acid Cloud, I think Acid Rain would be worth a go.

2 Likes

Try it with the WW Barb with BK weapon set equipped and Echoing Fury cubed. I’ve done that quest solo multiple times with the WW Barb including before the Rend damage buff. If you really want to make easy, use Gorgok with B of T and Taeguk, use Cov of El and Royal Grandeur with Flavor of Time and cube Lamentation and Ambo’s Pride. Mix in Captain Crimson Items to get 3 piece Captain Crimson bonus and six piece Wastes bonus. With only moderate CD, you can keep Wrath up continuously.

Failing it solo, I gave up and did the 6 class 55grift conquest, and the boss kill conquest.

This is so frustrating! Tried with SB build, pet build and AC build. 900+ Gons. Nothing …

Must have tried 20+ (have to find the damn thing too). Oh well, I just need to keep on trucking.

SB isn’t really ideal for this conquest since manitou even at 3 phantasms doesn’t fire fast enough and you can’t group mobs into all 3 phantasms.

Personally I did it on my TV hydra wiz, plant one hydra on each side of the chest and just channel to victory (frost hydra cause of cone AoE), 425 kills.

If you want an extra burst of power … try using an empowered, frenzy, and/or speed shrine just before doing the chest with a Flavor of Time equipped. The burst really helps several classes I’ve used in the past to complete it. Also, make sure you downgrade to TX difficulty to make things a lot easier.

For SB, try switching to the Fire rune for quicker/direct target channeling, faster hits, and splash dmg. For WW, the trick is to do an oval circle motion in front of the chest and let the tornadoes take out the outer radius. Another option is to join the Seasonal Journey group. Someone always reports finding the chest and can put together a group to help out.

I just changed to Whirlwind / Hurricane and did a small circle in front of the chest. This rune pulls in every mob that spawns, as the pull has a 35 yard range.

Yup … I actually tested that too … however, the pull creates a slight delay on kills (when drawing them to you) rather than instant kills as you are WW’ing through, which may lessen the total kill count before the timer runs out. Hurricane is also great for speed farming.