Karlei's point elemental dmg

Maxroll’s guide for Shadow Impale says to get a Karlei’s with poison dmg to work with the Essence of Anguish. However, after crafting a ton of these, it seems that they ALWAYS roll with cold. So you need to get great rolls, and then reroll the dmg range to poison? Is this correct? I can’t believe the dagger is locked in elemental dmg type.

They do.

Yes.

There’s plenty of weapons with a locked elemental component. As an example, the Barbarian’s Bul-Kathos mighty weapons always roll with Holy (an element that Barbs can’t even use).

I get the deathblows and the anguish icon showing up to 10 stacks without any poison anywhere. But of course I can’t benefit from the 20% poison damage increase.

Hi, on this theme can some one tell me if the Gem of Efficacious Toxin works as well with said soulshard?

Not suggesting you should use it more curious to know if it has been tested.

Tried it - didnt work.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Tbh i think this is the most annoying part of gearing for shadow impale DH this season …

Gotta get a good rolled ancient or primal , without a socket , to reroll the dmg to poison and add a socket with gift -.-

ive had a few ancient points so far , but all of them poor rolls or had a socket already …
then i got a bequest primal with close to perfect rolls /facepalm

Hi all, instead of creating a new thread I thought it best to jump in here.

I want to test the shame shard on a GoD setup, I am currently dual wielding a FB and a Vallas, the last may change to a Dawn as I have the NCS in cube.

The question is do both bows need to roll the damage range to poison or is it enough to roll it on mainhand?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Funny enough after I posted this I found a Dawn that I would have salvaged, instead I changed it to poison damage and it seems to work just fine, it sits in the off hand even.

I finally crafted a primal Karleis with dex, vit, and IAS. Now comes the tough part. Do I reroll the vit to +10% dmg or roll the dmg type to poison? I am still not sold on which is the best shard for this build. I see plenty of variation on the LB, and from my testing, I can’t really decide which is best.

The deathblow to all nearby enemies is great for killing trash. Like a chain reaction. The extra dmg from poison on paper seems great. And I’ve also see the Remnant of Pain with the extra cold dmg (I am running the cold variant at this time) and the enhanced crit, which I assume it self procs with a 20% chance?

Choices, choices…

1 Like

If you go with the soul shardfor poison then roll poison , if not , then roll for dmg%!

Im playing it with stone of jordan so i can use all 3 impale runes without gimping myself much and i use the poison soul shard , tho i just went with it and did not test it much either !

Well non season - 10% damage is more useful as we wont have the shards then.
Rolling to poison will mean probably salvaging it at end of season as chances are you may end up with a better regular ancient.

I have two ancients that I use - one unfortunately has vit on it and CDR - rolled that to poison and not even bothered to augment it (though may do because crafting that drained all my mats) while my other is a good cold damage roll, 10% damage + IAS - ie a very good non shard weapon. I use that latter one with the remnant of pain for a cold freeze setup with pain enhancer. TBH, I am not really sold on this setup for solo progression, nor as a trash killer etc.

For solo progression, I find the poison with 50% poison damage better. Even for groups this is most likely better unless they are crying out for having the utility of a freezer. Obvious for lower speed runs then the poison explosion is far more useful, but once it starts to take a long time to make a kill, then I find the utility of the poison explosion is lost.

Depends if you care about non season I guess.

The thing with having the poison damage is it does sort out the cooldown woes caused by the +25% cooldown on the other terror shard meaning you dont have to back off durting those fragile periods waiting for vengeance because now you get the full overlap.