Kanai Recipe 3 broken

After removing level requirements with the altar all of my items show lvl 1 required. Kanai cube recipe 3 requires a rare item with a lvl 70 requirement. I am getting a recipe failed every time I try to use recipe 3. Is recipe 3 just unusable after activating the altar step to remove the level requirements?

Make sure the rare you are upgrading is “Sovereign”.

If you are using the Altar and removed the level requirements for items, it will show as level 1. This is only the level to equip an item, not the actual item level. “Sovereign” is the level 70 rares for almost all gear except I think necro stuff. All the ones below it have a less than level 70 item level and will not work with Cube Recipe 3 “Upgrade Rare”.

6 Likes

Yes necro stuff can be different. So check with a non season character. I had to check to find level 70 1-handed scythes to upgrade.

3 Likes

The items ARE NOT LEVEL 1.

The Required Character Level to equip the items is 1.

Level 70 Rare items (for upgrade in the Cube) have the prefix Sovereign.

If you play a Necromancer:

• Level 70 Rare Scythes have the prefix Grandmaster.
  • Level 70 Rare Phylacteries have the prefix Embalming.

Edit:

The preceding information applies to Level 70 items crafted at the Blacksmith or the Jeweler. Items dropped in hostile areas will not have a prefix. Instead, they will have the name of the item.

13 Likes

Thank-you for the feedback. I’ll try again tonight. I didn’t know to look for the sovereign prefix.

1 Like

Note: Artisans must be Level 12 to craft or enchant Level 70 items.

2 Likes

“Sovereign” is just a name. What you need is to craft the top most yellow item in a category (that’s because higher level items are placed at the top of the list), provided the artisan is rank 12 (max) and you are showing “All” items, not just “Have materials” or “Highest usable” (because these filters may limit what you see).

1 Like

No. It isn’t. It designates the item Quality. Sovereign = Level 70. Required Level is 70, unless otherwise noted. (Reduce Level Requirement and/or Anointed Seal unlocked).

The image below shows a Sovereign Bow selected for crafting. Notice that it says: Required Level: 70.

After the Sovereign Bow has been crafted, You can see that the NAME of the Bow is: Saracen’s Bolt.

Make sure your Blacksmith (or other Artisan) is trained to Level 12. Otherwise, you might end up with this:

And if you’ve already unlocked the Altar’s Anointed Seal it will still say: Required Level: 1.

2 Likes

There’s another fun “gotcha” in this. If you’re level 70 and buying items from Kadala she sometimes (about 1 in 100) will sell you a level 61 or level 65 item. I’ve bought a stack of items from her and after cubing several I suddenly get one that won’t cube. Unfortunately her items aren’t labeled “Sovereign” so you just have deal with the oddball glitch.