Just how powerful is Lilith?

Besides being the Daughter of Hatred himself, and creating Sanctuary then the Nephalem, how powerful is Lilith in her own right?

I was a bit disappointed that Diablo himself didn’t make any kind of appearance at all, not even a silhouette or mention of him. It was nice to see Tristram Cathedral, though. Seems all the big bads have some link to that place.

1 Like

I think that she is not more powerful than Diablo, Mephisto or Baal. Bur she has demonstrated to be smart and cunning.
In the lore she prefers to act from the shadows, letting other in the front like Innarius or Uldyssian, and that makes her a fearsome adversary.
Her plans could be many; Bring back the three prime evil, corrupt the nephalem, cheat the humans to surreptitiously accomplish her wills…
Of course you will confront her in one (or some) point of the game, but I don´t belive that she is going be the final boss of Diablo 4.

3 Likes

I think it’s fair to say she’s on-par with either the Lesser Evils or Sin Lieutenants. She’s definitely weaker than any of the Greater Evils. But she’s still a higher level demon herself.

She was able to hunt down all of the other angelic/demonic renegades in Sanctuary, sans Inarius himself. And she can shapeshift to greater forms.

However, she’s more of an intrigue style demon. She would rather exert influence over minds and hearts than power her way through a fight.

Supposedly in one of the lore segments at Blizzcon, devs said her very presence prompts all but the strongest-willed mortals to break down violently, acting on their deepest and most depraved thoughts, impulses, and desires. So that’s neat.

1 Like

It is with some reluctance that I write on the seven Lords of Hell, for they are the greatest of the demons , and even whispering their names seems to poison the air around me. - Deckard Cain.

She is very powerful and cunning , but she is weaker than the Great Evils.

I don’t think that was Tristram Cathedral - the setting/landscape is vastly different, and the cross-like symbols are, I think, newly introduced here. We are also supposedly not going to be in the west of Sanctuary at all in D4 to begin with, so my guess is that this scene is somewhere by the Fractured Peaks (mountains in the background).

1 Like

At first i thought it was too small, but the crater is in the same place the Fallen Star fell through.

I think that’s simply where the grave robbers entered. If it’s the crater, it sure got a lot smaller somehow.

1 Like

Honestly, I’am a bit tired of Diablo. We’ve seen enough of him. The universe has a lot of antagonist more interestant.
I’m looking forward to kill Inarius.

2 Likes

I’m personally banking on Mephisto being the final boss this time around. It’s been a minute since he had any spotlight, and he’s the head Hell honcho.

1 Like

Based on the Sin War trilogy, staunchly above average and easily able to tank a lot more hurt than you’d normally expect, but ultimately very finite and even somewhat flimsy in the face of true power. Grounded heros could be her undoing. The trick is her unusual talent in deception and power acquisition that lets her get into places and situations her level would give her no right to be in. I suspect she’s using something to enhance her reach in Diablo 4. No match for prime evils or their equivalents in a head on ‘diablo game’ fight, but in the Sin War trilogy at least, she had her eyes on the prize - the nuclear potential of the nephalem, and how to utilize it to her own benefit.

1 Like

In the lore it does say that she is coeval with the lesser evils however she isn’t considered a lesser evil, but just as powerful.

It also says Andariel is Lilith’s daughter.

I believe she falls outside the power of the 7 evils and stands alone. Similiar to the Christian version of Lilith, first wife of Adam.

The lore you quote is incorrect and outdated. I’m curious what source you’re using. Note that Diablo 2 has been heavily retconned, and unless Diablo 3 and the Sin War trilogy are retconned, this is unlikely to change.

Yea, I just discovered it was retconed, I am kind of disappointed. I’m so curious how they could have explained it.

You mean explained it based on what D2’s interpretation was or on how more recent media portrays her? I think D2, and D1 for that matter, straight up had different directions in mind for the lore, which may account for some pretty sheer gaps in how the lore has come together over the years. Things like Anu, the angels mating with demons, and so on just weren’t really concepts at the time, so I imagine origin lore would be completely different, as was the Sin War’s portrayal between 1/2 then 3/books.

1 Like

In term of power I don’t think she’s even close from a match with the greater or lesser Evils, her strengh must reside into the fact that she knows mortals more than the others.

1 Like

Hardest boss in Diablo 2 bar-none.