Just complaining a bit

Thanks - you read my mind as that was my next question lol! So, I can get all of the effects from s28’s 3 potions within the first 3 minutes of the start of a GR. Nice. Shamefully, I can’t even remember what the 3 potions do lol. I just press them every time they go off on cooldown (but without the gloves of worship beneift of course).

Many thanks mate, greatly appreciated.

Try to refrain from using a potion when you have the Power Pylon active (represented by the “sword” icon). Pylon time is 30 sec (1 minute with FoT), and using a potion may result in activating the Power Pylon power, but with shortened time (16 sec, not affected by FoT). Just saying.

1 Like

That’s possible, but…

You can get duplicate effects.

What I mean, is you might start out a Grift with an empowered shrine effect and when you press it a second time, you might get empowered again, which would just reset the timer.

What I mean, is you open a GRift and run through the whole thing with only 2 shrine effects active because those two kept resetting, or you might get all four. It’s pretty random.

Edit:

Lol, I also got the description of the empowered shrine effect on your buff bar wrong. It’s a circle, that parts right but there’s a figure of a man in the middle, with arrows curving around the top and the bottom.

Looking at not real closely, the black arms of the man kind of look like eye brows on a face and the arrows kind of blend in with the yellow of rest of the indicator. LOL!

Ahh, OK. I haven’t really looked at the s28 potion mechanics at all.

I find the active skills icons on console are REALLY bad. They are far too small and near impossible for me to see and identify, even with my glasses on. I don’t need glasses for the game itself and if I wear them, it makes playing the game uncomfortable. I wish Blizzard had designed a better UI on consoles where there was an option to make UI buttons larger. But alas, Blizzard did a half cocked job of the console port for D3.

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you’ve tried the Gloves of Worship on your follower and how that’s working out for you?

Yes, I have tried them. WE don’t seemingly get the buff icons on console like you have described. Even looking at our active powers, I don’t see anything telling me what is active. Worse, it seems that the dimensinal power pylon shrine effect (or other shrine affects) do NOT seem to last the entire GR when your follower is wearing the gloves of worship. At least, it appears that way.

I have noticed another anomly - I was easily clearing a GR120 with like 2 ancients, no augments at p1000. Now at p1100, 4 primals and 4 ancients, 7 augments at rank 125, I am having more difficulty doing 115-118 than the previous 120. I have noticed this effect in previous seasont too - where a bare character seems more powerful than an augmented/ancient bearing One. This has been a consistent feeling for many, many seasons.

The Power Pylon effect is a special case. It’s a 16 sec duration even with Flavor of Time. I’m not talking about the one that comes from an actual pylon but the one from your potion.

The other’s should work and if it doesn’t then it could be something with consoles. As far as your Grift Performance. Progress varies in Grifts even with mobs of the same type. Like certain ghouls, depending on the color will give more or less progress than others. Or Unburried or even Kazra types.

So that might account for your time variances between grifts of similar levels. There’s a chart somewhere on the internet that says shows the GRift progress each mob type and their relatives offer in GRifts. I’m not sure where but I have seen on the forums before when folks have posted a link but it’s been a while.

1 Like

It’s just hard to tell what’s happening because it seems that the console ports aren’t reporting what is active for the s28 shrine effects etc. Perhaps I am missing something. I tested it in town a few days ago by pressing the potion every time it came off cool down and looking at my active skills and nothing in the list changed. So, unless I got the same active potion skill 5 or 6 times in a row…

Yes, it’s indeed possible what you say about GR progression. But, it is something that I have long noticed, SC and HC characters, for many seasons now.