Jeweler recipes not dropping from caches

I just started playing a seasonal character in D3. In past seasons, when receiving caches, I seem to recall getting at least one jeweler’s recipe per cache until I had all jeweler’s recipes. However, I’ve just done 2 Tier 16 bounties (all 5 acts) and now the bounties for act 1 on Tier 14 and NOT gotten ANY jeweler’s recipes. I don’t even have the flawless imperial emerald recipe yet and I’m playing a demon hunter (this is not good in case you’re reading this and don’t play). Have jeweler’s recipes in caches been changed to PROC rewards? Am I just that unlucky? (It would not surprise me, but I’d rather check than potentially continue in futility).
Please let me know what’s up!
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
-Edit-
I have just relaunched the game client, gone into a private game solo and done act 1 in T16 difficulty and gotten two more caches and still no jeweler’s recipes. I don’t think this is standard game behavior. Please advise.

Of course you don’t because flawless imperial recipes are auto-learned when jeweler levels up to rank 11. Only recipes of Royal and Flawless Royal shall be dropped.

Ref: Recipes - Game Guide - Diablo III

Not true. Many blacksmith recipes come first and no gem recipes at early stage.
Gem recipes drop at later stage. Also, I have never seen more than one gem recipe from one cache. So, “at least one” should be changed to “at most one”.

Not a bug.

1 Like

I do not see any Seasonal Characters in your Armory Profile. (Perhaps you’re playing on an alternate Account or referring to a console Character).

Maybe you have them all. There are only 10 total Gem Designs.

And you never will. The only Gems that have Designs to teach to the Jeweler are for the Royal and Flawless Royal Gems. There are 5 types of Gems, hence the 10 Designs.

Note: A newly created Seasonal Character will not have these Gem Designs drop from the Bounty Cache. They will not start to drop until you reach a certain Character Level. I don’t remember exactly, but it will either be Level 61 or Level 70. If you’re farming Torment XVI (T16), this should not be an issue. So, my guess is you already have them all.

Tip: Go to the Jeweler and change his Show field from Have Materials to All. Then check each type of Gem to see if you have the Royal and Flawless Royal Gems listed for all five types.

Also note: Artisans will only list items they will allow you to craft depending on their Level. If all your Artisans (Jeweler, Mystic and Blacksmith) are Trained to Level 12 they can craft every item they have learned.

In any event, this is not a bug.

Edit: Maskraider beat me to the post.

Addendum: Gem Designs can also drop from Odious Collectors (green Goblins).

Thanks Perusoe… I had to rebuild my system last summer and a friend convinced me to sneak this season in (I hadn’t played in a while). And sure enough, I’d blitzed through teaching all the plans from caches so fast (season is ending soon), I didn’t think I had all the recipes yet and totally forgot about the “Have Materials” vs. “All” display dropdown having a default of “Have Materials”. Detailed views that are quest-critical should be opt-out, not opt-in in my opinion for just this reason so new people or people returning to a game don’t get lost.
I do take partial blame here too, though, for not being more thorough in my rush yesterday. As my grandmother used to say, “Don’t get old”.

1 Like