I've hit a wall at 137.. Is it because of my gear change?

D3planner → 455789069 (apparently you can’t hyperlink on the forums)

So I had next to no issues timing a 136, less than 20 keys. But I’ve hit a major wall at 137. I can’t seem to keep pace no matter what i do. I had a run with 3 strong pylons - 2-3 elites each and i was still 1 minute over time.

I think what may be the issue is that I rolled into a strong ancient squirts and a strong ninth satchel but neither has AD on them and my last two both had AD.

Considering I gained two 130 augs, do you think that -39% AD could have that adverse of an effect on my overall DPS?

This is my 1st season so I don’t really have a frame of reference for most things quite yet.

Thank you in advance!

The amulet is very solid, keep using that.

That quiver is terrible though, a non-ancient with proper primary rolls will probably be better. Just because it’s ancient doesn’t mean it’s automatically better. In this case, that quiver is definitely worse than a well-rolled non-ancient.

You’re basically considering whether the extra 900 dex (1000 + 650 aug. vs 750) is worth it vs. a non-ancient with better primary stats (crit and/or AD here, potentially CDR too instead of on your ring).

You’d need to have a good non-ancient obviously, which isn’t always easy either. But a good non-ancient with a high affix roll will beat that ancient quiver pretty handily.

EDIT: Also I have no idea why you rolled thorns on your belt haha. That’s a GG belt, but roll those that to physical resistance!

Yes, you can…

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/455789069
1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I’ve been looking for an ancient quiv with a high affix roll, and the ancient one rolled a 599% which is why i went with it. I went back to using my old non-ancients(with AD) and I saw an immediate difference in progression. I was just too stubborn to try since i spent a lot of effort auging the new ones lol

I rolled thorns cause I’m a noob lol

1 Like

137 has been a wall for me as well.
https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/627039000

I’m on HC though. Fishing is just no fun.

you got really really nice gear. i think your main issue is P levels… if u were 3k = 5k more dex, prob can be 142+… i think with your gear, with right rift, you can do 1-2 more tiers easily…