Items that enhance Blizzard

The addition of one or two items that enhance the skill Blizzard for an LoD or Tal Rasha build would be a great addition to the wizard arsenal. Less work than a full set dedicated to the build as well. Thanks

Ancient joke inc.

I spent points on Improve Blizzard. Blizzard still sucks.

It’s a WoW joke btw, long time ago when talent tree was way different. The joke doesn’t represent what I think.

I just hope when revamping some old sets, Blizz do something with DW+ES. If not, I’m afraid it will still be another channeling build.

My ideas from another thread regarding Death Wish and Etched Sigil alongside some legendary powers for skills like blizzard.

I don’t know how they come up with the wizard sets but it seems like they are trying the find the most annoying possible ways of dealing damage. i was surprised when they released typhon. Trying to over complicate something as simple as the hydra.

Some item ideas from me over in a thread to Typhoons…

I’m not sure, if they will do something for Blizzard. It sure would be time for that. Maybe the big balance patch will bring up something.

There are three general ideas to improve the skill.

First - obviously - increase the damage and grant runes or make the aoe better. You can raise the raw damage, shorten the time in which the damage is dealt or let Blizzard stack… or whatever else you can think of.

Second - it might be interesting to generate interactions with other skills… maybe by letting enemies inside Blizzard take more damage from certain skills or elements. Or autocast skills on enemies when they are inside of or hit by Blizzard.

Third would be to change how Blizzard works in general, i.e. make it do completely new things, combined with more damage/utility… for example let Blizzard turn into an aura that follows you permanently.

The items from my post in the other topic:

Snowclash: [Belt]
Blizzard gains the Snowbound and Unrelenting Storm runes and deals its total damage every second. Your pickup radius increases its area of effect (up to 35 yards).

Snowflake: [2H staff]
Blizzard deals 600-800% more damage and gains an effect based on its element:
Cold: Critical Hit damage against enemies inside is doubled.
Lightning: Blizzard hits 100% faster
Fire: doubles all area damage dealt inside its area of effect

Atrophy [Wand]
Enemies hit by Blizzard detonate a corresponding Explosive Blast. Explosive Blast and Blizzard deal 500-600% more damage. Your attack speed increases the hit rate.

Stormcrow [Wizard Hat]
Casting Blizzard now summons an aura of elemental turmoil that damages enemies within 15 yards around you. The duration is increased to 30 seconds but the total damage is now dealt every second. After draining the regular costs, Blizzard consumes every remaining point of Arcane Power you currently have on activation and while the aura is active your natural Arcane Power recovery is stunted. In return the damage dealt by Blizzard is increased by 5-10% for every point of Arcane Power that was additionally spent.