Issues with Near Death Experience - Not working consistently

Running a level 70 Monk with Near Death Experience as one of my passives and it does not appear to be working correctly or I’m missing something - which could be the case. Upon receiving fatal damage it’s supposed to restore 35% life and spirit and prevent damage for 2 seconds. There is a 60 second cool down.

This morning I experimented with it. Went into Nephalem Rift and found a Grotesque which is one of those fat things that explode. I had not used the passive so it was not on cool down. Hit the Grotesque and the thing exploded killing me instantly. I repeated the process 3 times. Two of the three times, there was no proc with Near Death - nothing. Just one shot. One out of the three times it did proc. One note, I was far away from anything else each time and I made sure nothing else was attacking me other than one Grotesque.

Apparently Near Death doesn’t do what it says it’s supposed to do consistently or there is some other issue. It’s either broken or the description is way off. Regardless, it’s worthless if you are counting on it to work especially at higher levels where it can be important. Blizzard needs to fix the description or fix the issue.

I don’t know how you do it. I have played monk for roughly 4000 hours, I’ve had issue with NDE maybe twice. What is the difference between the two of us ? Why did you proc nde once but not the other two times ? Can you record a video and show us the passive fail ? That would also help the devs fix it if it’s indeed a bug.

I played monk for 3000+ hrs, never had issue with NDE. Your issue perhaps the proc animation was covered by densities/heavy animations. As kika said, if you can record and replicate the situation that will be easier to understand what happened.