Is trading dead for Diablo 4?

Because they don’t do anything to combat them. D3 is full of bots also.

You know they lost a big chunk of their fanbase with the mess that D3 was/is. Just look at the influx of new forum members when D4 was announced. What did they want D4 to be like? D2.

2 Likes

Why aren’t all these people playing D2 now then? The game is running and active. They don’t play, because there are better games now. D2 is crap as of 2019.

1 Like

Obviously they want an updated version of D2. The game is full of bots too, so it becomes pointless, just like D3 is currently. I’m sure with the recent reset, a ton of people played. It was a great game for it’s time and they need to create a game like it that can compete with today’s games.

D3 is crap as of 2019.

1 Like

D3 may be crap now, but it has potential, while D2 can not be saved anymore - even if you include an action house in it or whatever other pathetic trading system making the life of the trading scammers easier.

If they removed all of the sets and fixed legendaries, then yeah, it could have some potential. Oh add back in trading too . That’s not likely to happen though. (D3)

1 Like

They spend the most money and are the largest part of the player population so yeah. As it should be.

What its not even close to D2. BiS is bind on pickup so godlys wont be on 3rd party seller sites thank god. Its only rares and very base legs that are open trade atm thank god.

I will use my money in the mtx to buy alot of power ups so i can enhance my gear and make it better than yours.

It’s simple. Game is 20 years old. Like. Use your brain for once and stop reaching lol. Who will play D3 once D4 comes out? Not a single player.

Your theory on whales is a joke. You are the one that needs to take a lesson in statistics. Whales make up a very small part of the entire playerbase. The casuals far outnumber them and their contribution to the MTX cause will be far greater than that of a few whales. Even assuming the whales spend 10k dollars on MTX (which is outrageous) they won’t be the main contributors. That Blizzard implements trading so that they can please whales and hope for them to contribute to MTX more is the biggest reach I’ve seen on this forum for some time. MTX is the model Blizzard runs these days, they have just been waiting to implement it in Diablo aswell. It has nothing to do with trading.

You’re just salty because you think someone will buy their way to a better performance than you. I’d say the problem is in your ability to play the game, because if you’re good enough you will have all the gear necessary and will distinguish yourself through skill.

7 Likes

I can’t remember if this was covered but sense trading is coming back. Does this mean as you play, let’s say Barbarian, you’ll get drops not only for your class but for all classes? Or are they sticking to D3, where if you play a Barbarian you only get Barbarian drops?

nothing is set in stone about trading. Blizzard got like 2 years to decide what they want to do with trading based on all the feedback they are getting.

they need to prevent one thing - a market selling best items. If they are smart they will not allow this to happen. That would just be bad for the game. It shouldnt even be discussed.

1 Like

You are clueless if you believe that.

Learn to read above posts in threads before starting with you trash talking. Whales might be 1%, but better extract the most of them. Trading is also good for clueless casuals too.

No reach at all, just facts. Read some statistics on the matter.

Right now the system allows upgrading a godly rare to legendary. Godly rares are tradable once.

Let’s bury our heads in the sand then and leave the trolls win, is this what you suggest? Because if that’s the case you are either a troll yourself or clueless about what they aim with trading.

You know that microtransaction and trading are two different thing, right? Microtransactions is offered by the game company, while trading is the transaction between 2 player.
Could you explain why trading between 2 player has something to do with microtransaction? And could you elaborate on how would that work?

3 Likes

what i actually meant by saying that it shouldnt even be discussed is that blizzard internally should not even debate whether they will or will not allow best gear to be tradeable. No one should like illegal sites/market selling best items and think its good for the game.

im not clueless about what they aim with trading. They want the exact trading system that is in D2 which would allow players full control of economy what would again form illegal sites selling items. And i dont want that in D4… just my opinion and i hope blizzard thinks same

its not actually upgrading rare to legendary its applying legendary power to rare item via consumable drop (which will probably be BoP). That does not mean rare item can be better than “base” legendary without its legendary power

We don’t know whether upgraded rares would be top tier or not, but in any way they would be used for a very long time during each Season.

Yes, but finding the godly rare would be harder than finding the consumable. And this gives 3rd party sites a real opportunity to create a black market.

Yet these exist in WoW and will exist in D4 (because we know mats would be tradable and you could buy infinite of these to re-roll stuff). And that’s the idea - they want whales to have increased drop chances unofficially (without declaring the game as P2W). Then the noobs like JB above would not catch that actually the game is P2W since they can’t connect 2 and 2.

No adequate player should want this. However D2 created a player base full of scammers, spammers, cheaters, trolls and idiots, and these same people want to ruin D4 now with open trading.

And on top of that there are many clueless streamers that support and want open trading too. They literally want the SAME D2 PARODY in D4.

#saveD4
#pureGame
#fairCompetition

1 Like

The reach is the fact that you think Blizzard implement trading to please whales and not to please the big playerbase that actually enjoys the activity. The reach is that you think Blizzard employ trading primarily to boost their MTX sales.

What facts, where are these facts? Link them with a credible source, your rear end doesn’t cut it.

D2 wasn’t ruined by trade, D2 was the best ARPG ever seen. People stopped playing because it got old, as with any game. You have no leg to stand on and your bitterness shines through with every post. Utterly pathetic.

3 Likes

No reach here. You have to answer yourself why there is no open trading in D3. Try to figure it out. I’ve done my best to make it easier for you.

Kantar is a world leader in market research, global market information and business analysis.

Happy shopping, Alecta!

This is you pulling stuff out of your read end again. Try to do better please.
What happened to your theory of happy players willing to spend more on MTX? You think there aren’t happy players in D3 without the trade? They didn’t add MTX because they abandoned the game. Again, use your brain.

Look to Overwatch or HS. There is no trade but there is plenty of MTX. They make extreme amount of money out of it.
The sooner your limited brain understands that MTX propsering has really nothing to do with trades per se but more with the game having a big and active playerbase, the faster you can get over your misplaced frustration.
If trading–>bigger and more active playerbase–>more MTX as a result then that’s a win win for Blizzard and the players.

5 Likes

HS is P2W game. You have to spend money or in-game gold to acquire the cards. The more you spend the more cards you’ll have and the higher your win rate will be.

That’s absolutely the same principle → more happiness through spending more.

ROFL, it’s so active in D2 due to trading that there are only botters.

You ignored Overwatch so I can’t take you seriously sorry. A game that directly destroys your point that trading enables MTX.

Whoosh.

If trading leads to a happier playerbase that will spend more money on MTX, which is EXACTLY what you implied, then that is a win win.

Besides, there are not only botters in D2, I am currently playing the new ladder reset and there are plenty of people in there. But I have already explained to you why D2 doesn’t have a big playerbase anymore. At this point you’re just trolling.

2 Likes