Is there any season 26 in your season 26?

I am just saying how to get the most out of it if you want to at least get a full set of augs for one character along with possibly an alt in either HC or non HC. If you want more for non HC then you have to keep doing speed GR90 to get more keys to run them.

You can say that I shouldn’t do that because it is a badly designed mechanic and shouldn’t have been done. You can even say that this season theme should’ve been all about giving us even more power than that last. Where we would have to wait to get a good foundation for changing GRs that could give some help with reducing GR fishing.

I’ve only died during the actual pushing phase of the ENs. Conversely, everytime I’ve reached level 151, I’ve never died while running around the perimeter waiting to be overwhelmed. So it’s not all that different than any other place in the game for HC players.

However, in HC, I’d think twice about the gob shrines. If a gelatinous spawns, it can cause a huge lag spike. When it catches up, you could find yourself dead. (Happened to me once).

This season has been so awfull that I’m considering going back to PoE

1 Like

I wasn’t planning on playing much, I usually play one seriously then next one just a bit, unless it is 24 and 25 with the great themes. Then I thought well if the XP is so high then I will probably spend a bit of time just to farm for non season. Get in about half the normal time maybe and not even care about pushing or have any goals, just some farming every now and then.

Didn’t expect to not even open the game once after the previous one ended and I claimed my seasonal items and sorted non season stash. I don’t even care about missing the challenge rift rewards, I kind of just forgot for a week and then thought whatever I will just take a three month total break from the game.

I proc one of my cheat deaths every run. EVERY. Some ENs, it’s just non-stop molten pools, and they make it VERY hard to get around the map. it is not a fun thing imho. Shards were fun. And a far, far, far, far better design.

PoE is, overall, a far better game. It is just very unstable on PS4. Plus, the builds are well, button mashing, and I am not a fan of button mashing.

1 Like

PoE is bad game. First of all it has name problem. Creating a character alone requires two weeks of trying names. Then there’s skill tree that requires you to read million guides to understand and to find useful build. Then there’s leveling problem.

I as well. Most of time I go one playthrough to see what drops… then go to a lazy one-buttom build like Necromancer Minion Army… then stop playing all together for 2 or 3 leagues.

I wouldn’t say “bad”, but overcomplicated and rng driven without any real necessity, besides catter for those trade league hideout warriors.

Ive augged like 30 items. I have almost a page of 125 stones. Then; all my normal gems that can be are 120+ cause im using the free ones. Then i have like 6 keys.

It might sound like a lot of EN encounters but its maybe 1 out of every 30 GRs.

Levelling to like clvl 80 took me a week and a half. Solo. Not a big deal. Creating a character doesn’t take 2 weeks. I know you are being sarcastic, but at least do so in a better manner. The skill tree is overly complex, I agree, but the upside is that it gives a humungous amount of variations to skills. This in turn supports more builds, and more build variability.

Rarity of items is well balanced imho.

I haven’t investigated any of the simpler less button mashing builds. One thing I really dislike about PoE is the requirement for potions to be heavily used as part of your build. AS you said, overly complicated.

1 Like

What I mean by PoE’s leveling problem is that areas have level ranges like Torchlight, but unlike TL, PoE doesn’t tell you those. In fact, nothing on screen tells you that enemy is 20 levels higher than you. Good example of this is super witch guarding location of what I assume is level 4 quest. Only ability you have that point is fireball that hits softer than wet noodle while consuming 1/3 of your resource.

I found the actual gameplay incredibly boring and monotonous. So much so that I never got to the part where I experienced a proper character.

But even if I did still like it the tencent involvement put me off from even giving it a third try.

I don’t remember a super witch in PoE, but I haven’t played the new version of the game (yet). The Witcher 3 was like this, but it clearly told you when you were encountering a monster that was a lot higher level than you. I learned that the hard way when I tried to take down a monster 30 levels higher than me lol. Take heed of what the game tells you! I haven’t played torchlight, so can’t compare, sorry.