Is there any possibility of starpact surviving the nerfs?

With the nerfs that will come on the PTR, is there any hope of starpact wizard surviving at all? Or will it just get completely dumpstered?

I understand it needs a nerf, but it would make me sad to see such a unique and cool build get wiped off the map. I’ve thought starpact was awesome ever since i played through the campaign the first time on my wizard. I just hope the build survives, even if its made weaker :c

1 Like

screw starpact!
it destroyed mantle of channeling for other classes!

6 Likes

That’s not Starpact’s fault, that’s the developers only looking at the smaller picture while ignoring the larger one (what we’re usually guilty of, ironically).

9 Likes

Bazooka still possible after Patch :slight_smile:

I agree with Astig. I wasn’t using the Bazooka build, but I was using the various channel pieces in my own LoD build. This is going to be a pretty major hit on my Wizard’s capabilities if these nerfs come in.

Surely there’s something they can do to target the interactions for Bazooka wiz besides a blanket nerf to an entire build option? I can’t see a lot of people wanting to run dedicated channel builds if this goes Live.

5 Likes

With the nerf to Mantle of Channeling it’ll be the DH’s luck that our new set will be a Strafe set. That’ll be right in line with how our class has been treated.

“Here you have a new set,” says Blizzard.
“Cool…wait, it’s a channeling set and you broke a channeling item…” says DH players.
“Have fun!” says Blizzard.

1 Like

For somebody that just played SP wiz for the first time , I understand you wanting more to play that build . For somebody that has played SP wiz for 2.5 seasons , I think its time to move on .
Looking at your profile with the time and paragon that you have so far , my advice to you is to spend more time playing instead of time posting in the forums

3 Likes

sorry i dont 4man paragon farm like the rest of you. I actually work for my level

3 Likes

It’s sad that they even ruined 1 drop meteor. They could of changed the starpack rune and could of had the same results without messing up other classes/builds

1 Like

We all have to work for level . You can do it smarter and efficiently

1 Like

Or they could have made it so that when you cast Starpact via Etched Sigil, it consumes al your Arcane Power, just as if you would use the skill on its own.

1 Like

My build has been a fire / ice channel build ever since the season of nightmares all those many months ago… And I love it! And now my build is being shot in the head execution style…

The blizzard I grew up with is dead, you hear me… Dead…

1 Like

Are u trolling ? Please read Lexyu explaination here Better Bazooka Fixes.
FYI : he plays SP with no macro

if you play with others and grind paragon in a group, you have no right to judge the paragon of solo players

2 Likes

Who says I dont play solo ? This a free forum, I can judge anyone and your time posting forums is way longer than your time playing the game … CMIIW

It’s possible to channel for 1 second between the Meteor casting and it landing. I’ve proved this myself. Although trying to enter Archon at the end of this channeling won’t work for Bazooka.

Archon needs to be hit directly after channeling to work. Requiring more than 1 tick of channeling prevents Bazooka from working.

6 Likes

He’s not judging solo players.
He knows you are new to the game and need more experience playing.

1 Like

I’ve been playing since 2017

Just because someone uses a shovel to dig a hole while you use a spoon doesn’t make you a better digger :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nope. But if the person with the shovel comes over and tells you that your hole isn’t big enough, it’s kind of annoying :slight_smile:

4 Likes