Is there a way to give monsters/traps more visual pop?

Does anyone know of a way to make monsters and traps more visually distinct from the terrain around them?

I have a major problem of losing track of them. Usually when there is a lot going on, but also things like the purple poison swap stuff will not catch my attention easily either. Usually leading to many deaths where I don’t know I’m surrounded or are in harms way. You don’t want to know how many times I’ve just walked into those purple pools and died just walking around.

Partially I believe this is due to my issues with limited red/green color blindness, and maybe other issues.

All in all it can be quite frustrating to be limited by my eyesight’s issues.

Is there anything I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is to play around with different Video Settings in the Game Options.

I believe there are options to limit the number of effects, which may help. I believe there’s also an option for players who have color-blind issues.

Just try various settings and see if anything helps.

Other than that, maybe someone else knows more about it and will post shortly.

One way to mitigate those poison pools is to cube or equip a Mara’s Kaleidoscope amulet.

You can enable Monster’s health bars by pressing ‘V’. They show red to me. I’m not sure what color you will see.
There will be a teardrop shaped icon over the Character’s head when it is standing in a Blood Pool.

Wrong. They inflict poison damage, and Mara’s will make you immune to them.

I will have to test that. Thanks.
edit: You are absolutely correct. I will remove the line from my previous post.