Is there a speed clear build for jade?

rachels ring? funky chicken or something? area damage proc? is there something I’m missing?

i can 1 hit everything at gr80 but it’s still 5 minutes long +

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/jade-harvester-witch-doctor-speed-farming-build

You can play a regular Jade doc, just change a few things.
CoE to Rechels’ Ring
Furnace to InGeom
Frightening Aspect to Stalker
Jaunt to Severance
Spirit Vessel to Gruesome Feast
Stricken to Bane of the Powerful

You can also drop locusts and take Zombie dogs and the Fierce Loyalty passive instead of Gruesome Feast but you lose some damage.

1 Like

Ok ill try these out… so far it’s looking like hit them with horrify for speed boost is the big winner but I will try them all out. 5 minute clears at gr 25 is getting old… very very old.

Jade really isn’t that good for speed GR’s. My Jade is very well geared and has cleared GR 127 but I can only consistently run under 3 minutes up to about GR 90. If I go any higher it’s usually more like 5 minutes. I prefer to just farm 110 in 6-7 minutes.

1 Like

Do you prefer area damage on your main 1 hand over say +damage% or IAS?

I’ve seen higher damage legendaries than that primal, but they don’t clear higher than you…

You don’t really want any attack speed on a Jade doc. The damage of the soul harvest nuke is based off of weapon damage, not damage per second. It helps you cast haunt a little faster and stack stricken on single targets but it does nothing for the soul harvest nuke. If I had to choose, I would probably take 24% area damage over 10% damage on my weapon.

In general you want CC/CD and then Area Damage in every slot it can roll except you want poison damage on the Amulet. After that you want either Average Damage or Cool down. Average damage will make you hit harder while Cool down will let you cast Soul Harvest and Spirit walk more often.

Edit: if you were looking at OogieBoogie on my profile he is not wearing the gear I would push with. I have ancient shoulders and rings with Area Damage. My personal preference is using Henri’s but I also have a primal Vile Hive with Haunt and Area damage.

This is debatable because a good balance of attack speed and CDR can make the build play much smoother and killing single target RG less tedious.

2 Likes

If you just want to do fast easy runs you can make a build like this but you are seriously gimping your damage if you don’t prioritize Area Damage.

AD is indeed the most important, and I’m not saying that AD should be traded for AS. Items like trifecta dagger (+damage, AS, AD) my Jade WD is using or quadfecta gloves are nice because with a bit attack speed you can naturally hit Soul Harvest twice during the CoE cycle against single target RG.

The same can also be done with enough CDR, but CDR is kinda redundant during trash clearing phase due to Grave Injustice and it doesn’t increase your Haunt cast speed and Jade 2p dps.

I don’t see how AS helps you hit Soul Harvest twice naturally.

Without any attack speed on weapon and armor, Haunt is cast at 33 FPA. By adding 12% AS you can make it 30 FPA and that’s fast enough to reset Soul Harvest during the CoE cycle 4 seconds window as long as you cast Soul Harvest right after the cycle kicks in. And that’s with CDR from diamond, paragon and Gogok only (33.06% CDR).

You may be able to do it with less AS if your latency is low.

1 Like

I see what you are saying. I guess AS can be pretty good. If I had AS quad gloves and tri weapon I would definitely use them but I think I would still rather have CDR in those slots for more spirit walk uptime. How much faster is the RG?

It’s kinda hard to say, but going from 33 FPA to 30 FPA is around 10% dps increase for Jade 2p so it’s pretty good for single target. Since this thread is about speed clear, AS makes applying Haunt on monsters faster and it generally feels better than CDR in my opinion.

So… are we using Area Damage/Nuke for mob trash clear than? Swapping IAS for Area Damage?

Yes if you have to choose between AS and AD, AD is more important.

1 Like