Is the random freezing gonna get fixed

like what is going on here

2 Likes

What random freezing? No issues here.

Nothing here but i saw others complaining about it maybe try the bug report section.

Iā€™m noticing that too, for some reason not everyone is experiencing these ā€œrandom freezes and lagā€. I dont get them but apparently there are a good chunk of players that does, itā€™s so weird. Thereā€™s like so many posts about this topic and im like ā€œwhat random freezes?ā€ lol. But popular D3 streamers like wudi and others had made videos about it so this issue probably does exist but like some players like me doesnt get random freezes, very strange, and this is coming from a player who is playing firebird wiz that has been playing with other firebird wiz, no issues here.

My friend had the freeze while playing fire bird. He played for 4 hours straight but it only occured once.

I had very surprising freeze when playing Typhpoonā€™s. Had to restart computer.

I seems more frequent when playing wizzard specialy when useing fire birds. Someone said it has to do whit area damage.

You are not the only one having issues of one kind or the other . I donā€™t have freezing issues but the sound in the game has been crappy . It was fine until a few weeks before the patch came . I run my game on PC by the way . Hope that they get whatever is going on with it fixed as itā€™s all annoying to players . Both of these problems have been talked about and needs attention .

someone in another post mentioned changing sound channel to low or lowest fixed the freeze/dropped fps

1 Like

@Doomstone , thanks , Iā€™ll try it . But I think devs should focus on a solution as it is a very annoying problem .

Heard about this but I have zero issues in this regard.
I donā€™t play Firebird yet on the live server but on the PTR I did play it and it was all fine solo.

Currently playing a HC GoD DH up to GR 110+ and so for no issues in this season. ā€˜EU serverā€™

I donā€™t rubberband on Switch but I do on PC.

I quit the season today on FB Wiz because of it. Went to start pushing up my key and twice I froze ending in death. Several people I play with have similar issues. I have tried many different suggestions but nothing works.

I kept up task manager during a run and see that D3 just stops responding and drops off the list of active programs. After about 10 seconds, it comes back. I have never had an issue until this season playing FB Wiz. The last season I played WW barb and did not have any issue.

2 Likes

its an FMOD timeout error. If you wait for it to happen and exit the game right after you can easily find the error in your D3diag text file. It will look something like FMOD timeout 200ms. And it will show this a few times in a row. The work around for the last year plus has been to copy another fmod64.dll from like Starcraft 2 and overwrite yours in the Diablo 3 x64 folderā€¦ you wont get ANY sound but the freezes will be gone completely. Blizz has said in the main fmod report thread that they had gotten plenty of input to fix it but that was so long ago and they never have fixed it. I even have an ENTIRE new build from last year including an AMD cpu/mobo, ddr4 ram, new gpu, new case evenā€¦ and still get this damn fmod error that causes 5-10sec freezes now and then, and sometimes it happens everytime i hit an ability until i leave the game and re-enter. I lost all hope this will ever get fixed and this has made me quit the last few seasons after i grew tired of constantly replacing a file cause the launcher would rewrite the original fmod file and if i forgot to replace it and go into a nice GG grift i get about half way through then bam freezeā€¦ bam ruined grift, ruined day, ruined seasonā€¦ so far this season the launcher hasnt rewritten over my fmod file which is nice but they need to fix this.

edit:
I jinxed itā€¦ i opened the launcher just after posting this and it replaced my fmod fileā€¦ this is dumb

2 Likes

Tried this and lowering graphicsā€¦Iā€™ve never had an issue like this until this season.

Take your pickā€¦

This patch with Firebirds / Mirror imagesā€¦

This long-outstanding issue, going on for around 10 months at this pointā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s almost unplayable. Iā€™ve never seen an issue like this in the 23 seasons Iā€™ve been playing it. Every single rift the game will freeze for about 10 seconds straight from 1 to 3 times per rift. Usually ending in death. Unbelievably frustrating, slowing down gem leveling by almost 25% because I die from the game freezing almost every rift. How can you break a game (as mature is this one) so badly? I was fired as a project manager for screwing up less badly than this.

Iā€™m playing firebirdā€™s. It happened in rifts before I equiping Convention of elements. Video drivers are up to date with most current. I usually play some hardcore every season, but it is unthinkable this season.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t have any issue until 20 minutes ago when the game started skipping even seconds at a time.

Mostly itā€™s delays of 0.5 seconds between the keypress and the action happening, but those huge spikes are really scary in high GR.

Is this tied to builds, skills, grouping, mob density, or something else? I havenā€™t experienced thus yet, just curious.

Well there ya go. Dont play firebirds. And dont play with other firebirds. Problem solved.