Is the DH exploit working as intended?

You can work it out for yourself as it’s pretty straightforward. Otherwise anyone sharing the nature of the exploit on here is violating forums code of conduct and risks a ban.

So we have a firebug situation again. There is clearly a bug but Blizzard let it run.

2 Likes

having to use an exploit to be at wizard level is not normal

all classes should do 150 in less than 4 / 5 minutes

not to mention the witch doctor who has been abandoned by blizzard for years

If people are using some external device to click multiple skills at once, they will be banned. But just using the tools as they are available, I also doubt it.

I doubt they will get banned at all. I think it going to be a firebug situation again.

Btw all those who stated that Blizzard will fix this issue fast. They all got very quiet. :joy:

1 Like

Pretty ridiculous that they haven’t even acknowledged it yet. I’m sure they are busy with d4, but this deserves some immediate attention.

1 Like

Hotfix and leader reset incoming.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/season-25-hotfix-328-incoming-update/59457

3 Likes

They’re resetting Season DH and party ladders (EU region).
That’s great news! Took them almost 3 weeks to solve situation, but still nice.

But i wonder, will devs reset Non-season DH-ladder as it’s also full of cheat-records? :thinking:

Should I consider returning? I’m probably about 2000-2500 paragon behind.

The DH leaderboard already has a botter on top of it, the blue post mentioned “level playing field” but I guess they only care about that in the ways that make them look the worst.

There’s a blue post by Filthie saying that there will be an update to fix the abuse.

2000-2500 is okay. I’m here at 1360+ paragon and I see people with 5000+ regularily. When I do bounties some of 4000+ players leave as soon as they see my paragon level.

They cleaned the Leaderboard yesterday of all 2pc/4pc Nats-God 150’s.

Funny tho, they didn’t ban these people and the clan, if has one, still shows their gr 150 in clan leaderboard.

This is really a strange time for D3.

What we came to expect as the regular nailing of exploiters has changed drastically.

2 Likes

If I not mistaken they completely cleared the DH leaderboards. I had a legit 130 on HC and although it still showed it on my profile, it did not register on the Leaderboards and looked like to me it was completely wiped out. Some on the leaderboard was as low as 1 GR. Same on SC.

1 Like

Console leaderboards are still mess but hopefully get reset too. I will lose my GR114 clear but it’s not big deal.

Blizzards one line fix to the DH bug abuse problem:

DELETE FROM "public_leaderboards" WHERE class = "Demon Hunter";
1 Like

Guess no one got banned. :joy:

3 Likes

I guess cheating does pay. :rofl:

3 Likes

FWIW, the D3 dev team (bug fixes and leaderboard management) and hacks team (deal with exploiters, botters, etc) are two separate and distinct entities and haven’t shown many signs of coordinating in the past.

Eh sounds like Bli$$ard, make $hity mechanics that dont work then perma people after.