Is the DH exploit working as intended?

I was wondering why the leaderboards are still full of people that used the exploit, unless it’s “working as intended”. In that case, is it legit for everyone to use the exploit?

Edit: If you’re missed my point about “working as intended” remark. A few seasons ago there was a similar issue where a zdps player could clear a 150 GR and the devs replied that is was “working as intended” and allowed it.

You know its an exploit.

The word exploit holds some meaning that its unintended.

Will they ban for it? Probably not. Will they clear the boards of the illegitimate times if/when its fixed? Thats more likely than anything else.

Another useless post that could have been avoided using a search.

Your rudeness is unappreciated and unnecessary

3 Likes

Wow! You sure took my post personal. Wonder why?

By the way, this exploit has been known for almost the start of the season and nothing has been done about it. If it’s legit, then we should all be able to use it without fearing losing our account.

3 Likes

This is the consequence of no communication, that legit players begin to doubt.

5 Likes

Hmmm…they have already purged several people from the leaderboards (if you were paying attention) and without a fix applied obviously more people are waiting to take their turn.

And yet you come here posting as if nothing has been done, or expecting instantaneous code review and fixes, with snarky questions about exploiting being okay and get grumpy when called out on it…

I’m sorry Bud, but I don’t see where I was being snarky. The leaderboards are full of DH using the exploit on both SC and HC. Why don’t you check it out and tell me what I’m missing. As for the leaderboards being purged, I haven’t noticed any changes.

PS If you’re missed my point about “working as intended” remark. A few seasons ago there was a similar exploit where a zdps player could clear a 150 GR and the devs replied that is was “working as intended”

3 Likes

What part of, “…they have already purged several people from the leaderboards” was not clear? THAT is what you are missing. You may not have noticed but I check the DH leaderboards on a daily basis and known, iconic players ranks have danced up and down due to exploiters being removed and then new ones coming along. They would not have removed a bunch of people from the leaderboards this past weekend if things were okay (hence my side comment about paying attention).

I also noted that without an applied patch (which requires identifying the problem, coding a solution, and deploying it) that new exploiters will obviously leap up on the board.

As for “I don’t see where I was being snarky”…I am guessing English is not your first language (or perhaps you are from some incredibly isolated English speaking community), as asking if an exploit is okay (title of the thread) is not an innocent thing to do.

Actually, I am not guessing that so much as I am guessing you are trolling, but I offer the possibility, thin though it is, you were not.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What, what what??? Man, chill, it was just a question. Obviously I touched a nerve. And by the way, I am an American. English is my primary language. Not sure why you would go there. If anyone is trolling, it’s YOU!

1 Like

No, you are obviously trying to deflect from your trolling and being called out so firmly on it all you can do now is try to make it a me problem when it is a you problem.

Last response to you, as I don’t really care.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. If I remember correctly, people were banned (at least temporarily) for using the GoD exploit a while back. It would be perfectly reasonable and expected that the people most blatantly using this newest exploit would be punished as well.

1 Like

Actually, I was tempted to ask the same question. Some streamers were told to expect a fix this week. Well here it is Wednesday and still no fix. So, I’m going to wait till Friday and if there is no fix and the leaderboards aren’t wiped, then I’m saying to hell with it and using it. I mean, I’ve been pushing with Nat’s since season began legitly and I’m up to 147 successfully, but I’m of the mind if Blizzard doesn’t live up to their word, why should I struggle to play legit when I can just do a GR 150 and be done with it with an exploit.

3 Likes

There has been several bans because of Exploits.

At the current rate, if they dont fix it soon, they’ll have to ban a ton of people since more and more players are using it. It would be nice to get a blue post on their position.

1 Like

in a couple years big game companies will find that stuff ezpz before it goes live with AI QA testing :wink:

1 Like

It cannot be an exploit if it is working as intended. Doing such makes it a feature whereas an exploit is, like a bug, an unintended consequence of how it should work.

This guy is new to the forums (as you can see by the post count), got taken to by the usual forum trolls, and has converted to one of them overnight. Sad really.

2 Likes

Is this fixed by blizzard yet?

1 Like

Nope, checked the leaderbord earlier and was still full of very fast gr150 clears with shejt gear (EU).

1 Like

whos got the link for this? might farm some para tonight then