Is the Acer Nitro 5 15.6" good enough for D3?

I need a new computer setup for gaming and D3 is one of my primary games.
I should get a desktop, but due to travel I want something more portable.

Will this be able to handle everything D3 has to throw at me, graphics and otherwise?

Acer - Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop

AMD Ryzen 5
8GB Memory
AMD Radeon RX 560X
256GB Solid State Drive

I’m not very tech savvy so I apologize if this seems ignorant, from what I’ve researched I should be golden but I can’t be sure.

Please advise!

Diablo 3 is over 7 years old now. During the development of D3 nobody ever dreamed about a Ryzen 5 or a Radeon 560 mobile. So: Yes, since D3’s hardware requirements are very moderate, you should have no performance problems besides particle effects in multiplayer.
One word: You should really consider ordering 16GB RAM and maybe a bigger SSD.

1 Like

Thank you, I will look in to those as well.

You will likely want a bigger hard drive but that is only so everything fits. Almost any GPU/CPU in the last 3 years is overkill for Diablo 3.

Yes this is good enough for Diablo 3 and probably a little bit of Overwatch too if you got an inkling to play that, although I would recommend 16GB RAM at the very minimum. A 256GB SSD is pretty decent size and is upgradeable later on to a bigger sized one later on down the road but you only have 3 major types of things loaded to an SSD anyways (to increase the lifespan over the course of a few yrs but they already have a low failure rate anyways)

You store just your Windows OS, Apps and Games ONLY on an SSD and nothing else. Everything else goes onto an HDD (traditional drive).

If you plan to keep the computer for a good few years or longer, I suggest having a 17" screen for maximum visual field :slight_smile: