Is still worthing playing Season?

Most of the Season Themes were fun to play with, except maybe that early one with the circles no one could reach in time.

When previous seasons ended, your hero lost access to a buff that improved their items. When this season ends, your hero will lose items. It won’t just leave them less powerful, it’ll leave them having to find replacement weapons and augments.

1 Like

How do you have 10697 posts and still not know? They literally list the nerfs in the patch notes. Do you read the patch notes? What we have here is a team of disinformation agents installed to say whatever they can think of to keep the players playing lol right?

Sinister, I think you’re picking on the wrong person. Meteorblade is one of the most knowledgeable persons in this forum. As for his high post count, if you look at his posts, the overwhelming majority are lengthy explanations and not quick replies to raise his post count. You can disagree with him, but you can’t deny that he’s genuine.

3 Likes

I guess we are all special in some way.

Your claim that I didn’t know about something would be a lot stronger if you hadn’t just quoted me talking about the thing you said I didn’t know about.

Not only did I read them, I also took part in the PTR Ethereals Testing Focus to ensure the process Blizzard has ready for the end of the season ensures that ethereals don’t make their way back into non-seasonal play.

2 Likes

You are ensuring they remove ethereals? So the incentive is removed after the season is over? You are proud of that? :rofl: Thanks for the giggles. I love you all. These have been entertaining to say the least.

PSI ops covert trying to get us all to get used to having stuff taken from us. I think it’s called conditioning. just joking. I joke a lot you should know I’m a clown. :clown_face:

A better question similarly related may be “is it worth it to play non-season?”

3 Likes

It’s not bad. You get superb eth items, that makes many builds viable for fun.
Only reward season, I welcome is getting +1 chest slot.

I would love for the chance at another stash tab as a seasonal reward. Since the player base has dropped over the years, maybe they can add 1 more stash tab without overloading the servers.

The issue has nothing to do with the total amount of players. The issue is about loading and syncing the entire stash content from all players in the same game session. That’s mere 4 players with their stash contents. 13 tabs is already pushing the limits.

That makes me wonders, why PoE has no problem at all and have 6 people in a party. PoE has no limit, you could purchase 100 slots. What you can’t, is dropping any item in non-combat zone.

It’s a seasonal thang, you’ll never get it m8!

OK that is the first time I have heard a somewhat logical explanation. I don’t necessarily agree with it being a big deal but I do understand it.

1 Like

I would love to see how that works. I play solo and that first character each season takes me 2 or 3 days to level up to 70.

That’s solo. It’s a lot faster if you do it in a group that knows what they’re up to.

There are some good videos on Youtube that help. I also play solo most of the time. Normally it takes me 2-3 hours. Last season I got an ethereal early and it only took me about 1 hour.

Here are a few things that help me:
Save Challenge rift for season start.

1. Make your Character
  2. Do challenge rift
  3. look for a boss bounty on ACT II (Kuhle or Maghda) for a quick kill and loot their chess
  4. Take follower weapon and go get Cube
  5. Gamble with shards for the best weapon available for your character and cube it (Look on internet of all the level 1 drops)
  6. Change to T6 and do the Blades (traps) Hall of Agony Level 1 or you can do the massacre bonus on high populated area but you have to lower from T6 to what ever level you can survive.
  7. keep buying higher level weapons when they come available at the Blacksmith.
  8. Eventually you’ll have to craft a level 70 weapon (Mace or Axe) and roll the suffix to Reduce level Requirement (see internet for more details) That way you can wield a very powerful weapon as early as level 40.

I know this is a very short version but Maxroll has a very good guide and more comprehensive than mine.

Hope this helps

Edit: Meteorblade added a very good guide above while I was writing this post.

2 Likes

Thanks, folks, for the help!

To answer op’s question…I an still playing s24 characters and will until the bitter end. Farming gear and paragons is still fun.

2 Likes

Well I do them for pets and wings and stuff. although this season should be fun, like the last one was. Newer players want to do them to unlock extra stash tabs

2 Likes