Is Laws of Justice supposed to work this way?

Playing on a PS4. I’m seeing weird behavior with the “Laws of Justice” skill.

Firstly, it’s providing a static bonus without me even activating the skill. Nowhere in the game does it say there’s a static bonus. I’ve only seen this information on the wiki. And this static bonus is appearing as extremely high in game. Let’s say my cold res is 60% before equipping Laws of Justice. After equipping it, when I hover over any of my reses, it’ll give a 50% bonus, so for cold it would appear in-games as: 60%+50%. This is shown in the character details pane, under defense. Obviously if I actually was getting 110% cold res, that would be OP, and I should be immune to cold damage. That’s not what’s happening though. I’ve tested this with fire traps while having over 100% fire res.

And weirder still, when I actually activate the skill, then look at my reses, it doesn’t buff the second number (it’ll always say 50%). So my cold res from the previous example might now look like this: 70%+50% (until the 5 seconds run out).

Can anyone explain what’s going on here? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I found the source for the +50% for my resistances. It was actually coming from a unique item I was wearing that said if I am above 94% resource, all damage is reduced by 50%.

The question still remains how damage is actually calculated from this. Because I am not immune when above 100% (combined numbers). If anyone knows, I’d appreciate the info.

Also, I still don’t see where the statics for the laws are explained in game. The best it shows is a buff that you can see in the character details pane, but it doesn’t actually show any numbers (whereas it shows u the numbers for activating the skill in the skills page)

All types of reductions are multiplicative, not additive. So despite the plus sign, the two damage reductions are not actually added. Instead, they are multiplied.

For example, if you have two 50% reductions, your final damage reduction is 75%.

3 Likes

Thanks for answering, TimberWolf!

If any one knows the answer to my second question, please let me know! Here is the question again:
Also, I still don’t see where the statics for the laws are explained in game. The best it shows is a buff that you can see in the character details pane, but it doesn’t actually show any numbers (whereas it shows u the numbers for activating the skill in the skills page)