Is it worth buying D2R yet?

I played D2 back in the day with a large group of friends. D2:R is faithful to the original which means as some have noted it has some outdated mechanics which may turn off new players.

The three things that make it better than the original D2 are some shared stash tabs (which help to transfer that titans revenge to your javazon you found playing while a necro), the improved graphics and the QOL of not having to click on each gold pile to pick it up.

Right now with how the servers are I don’t know if I could recommend buying it at its current price even for a hard core D2 fan. During busy times I’ll fire it up, get in the queue and do some things around the house during the wait to play. Single player offline doesn’t have that issue but I do like being able to play with friends occasionally.

I wouldn’t say that friend.

Blizzard nerfed the ‘ebug’ so anyone that plays D2 original now will be disappointed.
Also, the shared stash is way too small, couple with the fact you can’t create more accounts.

This game will fail to bring over the D2 original masses over time.

D2(R)'s endgame is still atrocious. If you’re level 90 and want to further level up to get skill points, you HAVE to do thousands of multiplayer Baal runs, and they’re just not fun (they’re a pain to join, they end in 5 minutes, and with 7 other competent players you don’t feel like your actions matter).

To tell the truth, I’m back on this forum because I’m looking forward to the next D3 season. I’m kinda fed up with D2R. The game needs improvements that just don’t look like they’re coming.

4 Likes

wont buy until there is endgame content and key costs 10$, its real value, not 40$ ahah what a scam

Being able to play diablo 2 in glorious 60 fps and beautiful graphics really made it worth it for me. Only issue is the server issues but the game itself is something ive been wanting for years.

1 Like

I never played D2 before as a Kid. As a Kid I was in RTS(AoE, Starcraft, WC3), RPGs (Finalfantasy, etc) & Nintendo Games. My first real ARPG was Diablo III and it is still the only ARPG I come back to every Season. I really got a little bit Hyped about D2R and all the folklore about that game. How it is the pinnacle of ARPGS and Loot Hunt. I started it. I played it now. But after 2-3 hours I quit. The game felt clunky, dated. I when watched some Streamers cause people told me D2R is much more Slow Paced. And seeing someone teleporting around fast, that was confusing. With D2R they should have really released two game modes. One that’s called classic with all the original bugs, etc. and one with updated and modernized gameplay.

If D3 would just add 1-2 more Endgame activities, lowered the mainstat gained through Paragons and expanded/reworked their crafting system, then D3 would be the best ARPG of time. That’s one of the biggest mess ups of Blizzard not to offer cosmetics for D3, canceling the second expansion and after they canceled it not releasing some small story based DLCs.

But D3, GD, LE and even Titan Quest are all better ARPGs than Diablo 2. I would go, even so far, to say that Warhammer Chaos Bane if not abondend by the team could’ve been a better game experience.

However it was great that they released D2R, so it can impact the development of Diablo 4 and minimize the voice of the D2 hardcore fan base.

1 Like

This whole D2R fiasco is terribly disappointing. If it’s current state and level of performance quality is acceptable by Blizzard then D4 is absolutely 100% doomed. What the heck happened to them?

1 Like

I haven’t purchased it as of yet. Let us sacrifice a set of D2 and LoD licenses to purchase D2R at half price. (with D2 LoD licenses locked to D3 account that is) Perhaps I will wait and see if Blizzard adds a D2R expansion similar to Diablo Immortal.

My original plan was to start D2R when season 1 started. No real point in playing non ladder. I am 100% ok waiting. By then there will be a multitude of bug fixes and qol improvements. Im cool with preordering and helping Blizz sales figures.

I love D2R.
It is great!
You can beat the queue time by exercising some time management skills. I make it so the game is ready and actually waiting for me.

:man_cartwheeling:

D3 is worse than old outdated 1.14 D2R. But Season 4 in PD2 is upon us. This is where the heart of diablo now lives.

is the same old game that you love whit better graphics, auto gold pickup and shared stash. no more no less

1 Like

Do you just trash D2 all day, no wonder you have no life, 5000 posts and horrible taste in games. D2>D3 all day. This is D3 forum if you want to talk about D2R please use this forum https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/or

So salty. Again, I am not the one created this D2 thread in D3. In case you are wondering, I already flagged this thread long before you.

1 Like

I made a pic just for you baby <3 h ttps://imgur.com/a/luSFLhT - i cant add links do backspace between the h and t

Both games have the same metacritic score. :sunglasses:

Yes, you can. Learn how to do it. Or are you D2 fanatics too incompetent to read stickied threads?

5 Likes

look at the user score, metascore is paid off reviews.

My trust level isnt high enough, I dont have 3000 posts like you. You need no life to be able to link pictures like you. Shows how good D3 is, you got more hours in forum posts then the actual game, lmao

Clickable links take TL 3 or a trusted site at TL2. Making a link you can view then copy paste is easy. It is in the sticky at the top of the forum. You can do that at any level.

1 Like