Is Diablo 2 Ressurected price too high?

I mean 40$ for a remaster? I mean sure it’s a game we all know and love, but not sure if it’s too much for a Remaster?

I remember Starcraft Remastered costing like 15$ - 20$ (now it’s 10$).

And Warcraft 3 Reforged 30$ (and 40$) for a Delux edition, despite it being the worst game ever and everyone refunding it.

I’m not sure about D2R, is 40$ also a Delux edition, or is it just a standard edition?

EDIT: Wow, 135 replays. I never expected this many, thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

28 Likes

Yea it feels a little high but if they fix the crappy character remodels and avoid another warcraft 3 (so far blizzard is 50/50 with their remaster quality) it’d still be worth it. I’d pay $60 for a masterpiece diablo 2 remaster

Edit: they aren’t fixing the crappy character models so I’ve lost interest

17 Likes

Slightly surprised not seeing more topics like this :grinning:

It certainly is a tad high for a graphical modification, but the game’s longevity and staying power should eventually justify the purchase. As long as the final product is as described (as opposed to what we got with W3R),
I should think most of the budget went into outsourcing the cinematics to be remade from scratch.

There is only one edition, no deluxe or collector’s etc. The other editions you see on the pre-order page give you D3 and D3 related stuff.

4 Likes

Well it is a base game + expansion… Not sure yet about the price being too high or just good. If there is no other game around I might get it since I never played D2 before.

4 Likes

If it’s being properly remastered like the way they showed on the Deep Dive, then I’d gladly pay $40 for it. Easy choice, D2 was a masterpiece.

13 Likes

Fool me once, call me Reforged.
Fool me twice, call me Resurrected.
I will NEVER, EVER, EVER place my trust in Blizzard again, after the Reforged t#rd.
They didn’t even have the courage to announce they are dropping support for the WC3:Reforged during Blizzcon. They censored and silenced everyone trying to ask something about the reforged.
NOTHING related to Starcraft future as an RTS on PC.
NOTHING related to Warcraft as an RTS on PC
Not buying the microtransaction-filled Diablo IV, I’ve had enough with the Auction House sh!tsh0w in 2012.
Keeping my money, thanks.

16 Likes

Yes. It’s not a brand new game, it’s a 20yo game with no new content. And it’s basically a graphic filter with extra polish gone into it, it’s not a rebuilt-from-scratch-in-a-new-engine remake.

It should be at most $25.

25 Likes

With the overinflated stock market and Bitcoin, $40 shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

2 Likes

if you are comparing it to other remake, D2R is kinda expensive.

A full remake game that I knew priced at $40~$50 easily while D2R is just a HD reskin with no gameplay changed.

4 Likes

Seems high, yes. If you aren’t a diehard D2 fan I’d suggest you wait with the purchase and see the reviews first.

5 Likes

I have the same sentiments as you. It is kind of pricey given that there is no new contents to the game.

1 Like

I do wanna play D2 remastered but I’m leaning on the side of caution and will wait a few months and get the communities initial reviews and reactions toward it. Frankly I’m trying to steer away from Acti-Blizz altogether so if it’s met with bad reviews, bugs, etc I probably won’t be getting it

5 Likes

I 100% agree with this! I personally never used to preorder anything. But when it comes to even buying D2R I’ll first look into it, how good, finished and buggy is it, and decide weather I’ll buy it or not.

I’ll be especially careful after the whole Warcraft 3 Refunded fiasco. I mean seriously, how do you take one of the best games of all time (if not the best), and turn it into one of the worst games of all time (again, if not the worst)?

And now, again they take one of the best games of all time to Remaster it…
Yeah, I’ll definitely wait and see how it turns out.

3 Likes

Greed has no limits in a capitalist world.

3 Likes

Yes the price is too high in my opinion. Not only that, Mephisto wings and pet cost $10 is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Exactly. 40€ for only change the game from 2d to 3d without any new content is kinda laughable for me. I’m sure I’m not gonna buy it until the first mods are made on it.

2 Likes

On top of that, preordering is unnecessary because there’s no preorder bonuses. The Mephisto pet & wings will always be there.

If I’m gonna pay a full game price for a HD filter, I better be able to get many many hours of gameplay out of it.

MODS.

If it doesn’t allow mods, then I don’t need it. I’ve played D2 story hundreds of times. Don’t need to play it again.

They already said it won’t allow mods that affect game files, so no Median XL or Project Diablo 2 or Path of Diablo.

If there would be an incentive to pre-order I’d consider it, but my main pet peeve would still be instanced loot (or at least the option).

If it’s shared then I’d only play single player, and - I’m with you I played D2 so many times - that needs to be a better/new/exciting experience which only mods can provide at this moment in time.

2 Likes

Good. 80 bucks I get to keep for myself.

I am surprised that D2 fans are OK with it.

2 Likes