Inna’s Set and Rabid Strike

Does anyone who tested PTR know if the Innas 6p mystic Ally damage buff Rabid Strike clone damage as well? Theorycrafting.

Feel like we could have the same idea. In short, I have no clue btw. lol

It was buffed by the BotLG bracer, seeing it as a fire ally giveing it the 5x bonus. Blizz removed that and now it’s buffed by the Crudest Boots.

That’s not what was asked.

Nope, Inna 6p dosen’t buff rabid clone. I searched for info why, only source is now maxroll. They say that rabid clone is considered an ally, but only buffed by Enforcer, BotLG(but not the 5x bonus), and CB, and it dose NOT buffed by mystic ally damage. Which is confusing.

The fact that Rabid clones are treated as Mystic Allies situationally is really odd. In my opinion this mixed functionality should have been fixed entirely because it was clearly unintended. Rabid clones should not be considered Mystic Allies.

However Blizzard clearly didn’t want to entirely kill off any Rabid LoD builds so they buffed the Rabid Strike. But why did they then nerf Crudest Boots and BotLG in the first place? With the Rabid Strike buff the Rabid LoD builds are now potentially even stronger than they originally were on the PTR.

Really confusing.

2 Likes

I think there is a good possibility that the Inna 6 piece will work on the Rabid Strike clone’s damage. On the live server, I’m pretty sure that RS clones count as an 11th Mystic Ally and your damage is buffed accordingly. With the Inna rework, RS clones may get buffed to some crazy high numbers. You just need to keep 10 Allies active and keep Epiphany up 100%.

1 Like

Regarding maxroll mystic ally damage, I thought they were referring specifically to +mystic ally damage rolls on gear (the big additive damage category). Which means the 120% additive on innas reach definitely wouldn’t apply, but it seems like legendary affixes DO apply. So I guess the question is related directly to set bonuses which seem more like the legendary multiplicative numbers than the additive +skill rolls on gear. But that might be wishful thinking and even more likely is at the individual discretion, whether knowingly or unknowingly, of the programmer crosses fingers

1 Like

I’d like that. Definetly going to use RB whit Inna. Usualy i don’t care about the meta or the best in slot thing. I already made a build whit d3planner, seems good on paper, if it works i’ll throw a link if anyone is curious. :blush:

Well blizz wrote in the final patch notes that rabid clones are considered allies, so now i’m not that sure about that Inna 6p bonus. Maybe ask about it in the general descusion forum? I can’t imagine no one tested this.

Wasn’t this added as a “surprise” to the PTR notes? If so, then I doubt most anyone tested it.

Well then it’s up to testing after the patch goes live next Tuesday.

RS clones have always been considered allies. They would count as an 11th ally for Inna 6 in WoL and LTK builds. The problem in the ptr was that RS clones were being considered Fire Allies and getting the huge Fire Ally buff on BotLG.

And that was fixed, they don’t get the 5x bonus anymore and its ok. But are you 100% shure they get buffed by Inna6?

Not 100%, but I’m pretty sure that they count as an 11th ally on live server, so I think that that RS clones may bet buffed by the Inna 6 rework. It will need to be tested once the patch launches.

1 Like

No, new inna does not buff RS

1 Like

An explaination would be nice.

So did anyone had the opportunity to test this?

I posted a bug report because the interaction seems wonky at best. Inna’s seems to do nothing for Rabid Strike clone damage which is reasonable. But testing EP, it seems like Rabid Strike clone multiplier only applies on the first tick of DoT damage and not at all on the explosion. I also noticed (but it’s so hard to tell) that it looks like EP applied by Rabid Strike don’t spread via Gundo Gear which is almost certainly a bug since nothing else acts that way (Madstone, Uliana’s 2p bonus). No bonus noticed from the Crudest Boots or BotLG beyond first tick of damage either which kills any LoD options. I could be wrong and something else could be going on, but that was by best guess from initial testing.

The way all these items are working really sullied my plans. Quite literally nothing I wrote about works because of the interaction with EP or I should say lack of interaction.