Incorrect Password

Yea I tried to log in Friday and got the incorrect password. So I retyped it in figuring the auto password messed up some how, but that didn’t work. So I went and tried the Blizzard support to reset my password but the code for that never came to my email account. I tried it several times but nothing ever came. I had to make another account so I could get a ticket going. Well since it was a holiday weekend it wasn’t looked at but when I checked on it today it was gone. I made another ticket and I hope to hear back from Blizzard. I have a feeling my account got hacked but I don’t know what to do. I keep checking my main email account in hopes to hear from Blizzard but still haven’t seen anything yet. I spent to many hours on it to give up and start all over.

Hey Roakster,

Looks like one of our Game Masters answered your most recent ticket and reset the password to your main Battle.net account. Make sure you’re logged into the correct email (the original one) and check your spam and junk folders in case the password reset got filtered there.

Jambrix,

Thank you guys there I was finally able to get my password changed. Don’t know why when I tried earlier to get Blizzard to send me the code to my main email account it never came but after you guys resent it, it showed up. Got me but a big thank you to you guys there!!!