Incorrect comparison of follower's item to inventory item

Whenever I hover over an item in my inventory in order to see how it might improve my items or my follower’s, if the follower has a gem embedded in its equipment, the equipment’s original stats are taken into account ignoring the gem’s bonus. This makes it very difficult for me to correctly assess items for upgrade. This is happening for all types of equipment.

1 Like

If you hold down Shift whilst hovering your mouse over an item the comparison is done without the gems / Caldessan’s Despair on the items being considered, i.e. it gives a base to base comparison.

This is not a game bug as much as it is a minor inconvenience.

Gems have never been included in a Follower’s stats when comparing items, whether you press the Shift key or not.

Damage is not a primary consideration with Followers, especially at higher Levels. Toughness is irrelevant once you give them the “cannot die” Token. Recovery is also irrelevant once they have this Token.

A Follower’s primary focus should be on an item’s Legendary Property, Increased Attack Speed and Cooldown Reduction.

The best way to compare items on a Follower is to just equip them with the items. Don’t forget to open their Details Window and check those stats too.

This has been a bug for soooo long.

Gem are taken into account when I compare with my equipped items, why not also followers?
And now followers have even more slots, it’s even more annoying.
Yes, this is not a huge issue, but very high on the annoyance scale :stuck_out_tongue: