Inarius Necro, Future balance changes

Greetings.

With the latest seasons changes and additions, certain AOE/runner builds such as WW barb and the new Monk ‘Patterns of justice’ Tempest rush set have become very much a contender for high GR clears. Even the old Sorc ‘explosive blast’ build Is at least useable.

However, the Necro and its Inarius bones storm / auramancer / lazymancer, build has been left at the wayside ever since the so called ‘Mirinae nerf’ which reduced the bone storm proc coefficient from 1.0 to 0.1.

I would ask that in the future patches going through the classes, adding and tweaking set armours and builds, that the Necro has its Inarius set tweaked to encourage melee builds including the Bonestorm aurmancer builds.

In order to not adversely affect other builds that were once OP, I would suggest a change to a pre-existing offhand/shield that would exclusively be useful only to melee Inarius builds. Along with a buff to the bonestorm proc coefficient so that Mirinae is once against an option over either Toxins or pain enhancer.

Possible item change:

Wall of man: Shield. (possibly change from craftable to drop only)

Legendary effect change:

Removes cooldown from Bonearmor but bone armor cost XX wrath. Enemies hit by Bone armour and/or Bone storm, take an additional XX% of the damage done over the next XX seconds.

AIM: Give bonestorm builds some much needed additional damage specific to bone armour and a useful offhand beyond a stat stick.

The above effect will obviously be affect by the damage bonus afforded by Inarius set bonus.

In addition to extra damage, Inarius desperately needs more toughness for its melee centric builds. For this I suggest a buff to its set bonus to Bone Armour stacks. Additionally to, or alternatively, adjust Wisdom of Kalan amulet with an additional legendary effect.

Added legendary effect:

While Bone Armour is active and there is at least 1 enemy within X yards, gain XX% damage reduction. Lasts for X seconds.

Aim: Encourage Inarius melee builds, you have to be on top of ur enemy to gain the additional toughness. But to enable the ability to dodge heavy melee attacks a X seconds timer is placed on the buff.

This additional damage along with the proc coefficient change, and additional toughness I hope will be enough to increase the viability of this Necro version of WW, tempest rush, explosive blast, build to be compelling to use.

3 Likes

Currently playing around with an Inarius melee build but it does seem like the game doesn’t want us to use that set at all. I’ve made it to the leaderboard with some high 80’s runs but hit a wall where literally every white creature one shots me at the start of a rift. And that was only after adding in Skeletal Mage and poison stacking to get damage up as high as possible. The crazy thing, to me, is that even if I re-roll into life and armor AND throw an AQ into the cube it seems to have zero effect on my survivability. I can generally move around and get my bone armor up to get started in a rift but one elite pack has the power to force me into a rift restart. Really a shame to have a class with a melee option, (or build that requires face tanking or standing right inside a pack), but then that option feels squishier than even wizards or witch doctors. I’ve been playing around with a lot of different gear options and it’s definitely a bummer to feel like mid 80’s are your rift cap.

2 Likes

A couple of seasons ago, I played around with this Inarius variant…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/hero/119704291

Effectively, keep up bone armour stacks for mitigation and stand in the middle of mobs using Siphon Blood to proc the Blood Novas due to the phylactery power. Clears density very nicely but isn’t terribly effective versus add-less guardians.

1 Like

Wow, you were spot on! Rebuilt to that version and definitely a lot tankier, definitely can clear massive packs with no problem then I spent seven minutes hitting the rift guardian before it died. Didn’t help that it was Ember and he kept running out of range but I can see what you meant about that build being better for survivability. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Bumping this.

Even more relevant for season 21.

Just revert bone storm proc to the old value , so we can play with Mirinae build again

4 Likes

PTR patch notes out.

And Inarius has barely been touched.
The new set isnt giving any new playstyle, …rather lackluster tbh.

Inarius is still going to need more love.

Inarius got a slight toughness boost. The change to Razeth shoulders makes a poison generator build more viable.

Perhaps but that will just play like yet another Singularity mage build.

Inarius needed buffs so that it could fullfill the role its set bonus seem to aim towards. Melee AOE.

its a shame Blizz have no interest in our feedback, there have been plenty of good suggestions for not only new sets but also changes ot existing ones. All ignored seemingly.

The removal of comments on articles and the lack of communication within forums (which isnt new i know) really makes Blizz look terrible, even more so now in light of events of the past few years.

2 Likes

Not exactly. You cast a Mage dump your Essence and your Leger’s Disdain gives your generator a big damage boost based on how much it generated. The problem in previous builds was that you needed Singularity to dump Essence but that didn’t give you a stack for Nayr’s Black Death. Now you get Archers for the attack speed (bonus for your generator), and get the free poison rune and Essence drain from Singularity.

Inarius still sucks.
Better would have been
, bone armor is always at max stacks. To do away with the inept mechanic of defence stacks.

Needed more damage and more defence.
I mean ffs at max output it does less damage in a 20 foot radius than a Wol monk is doing at range to the whole screen.

2 Likes

I proposed a while ago that Bone Armor gets max stacks when you hit an elite, that way if you die against a RG without adds you can be at full defense in one swing instead of waiting for multiple attacks with Bone Armor.

5 Likes

I support this so hard and hope it gets looked upon before the final ptr patch.

It is beyond annoying and a reason i stop playing during seasons.
The second that after death you choose.

1. Revive at last checkpoint
  2. Zone up one level so rift guardian cant attack and once shot
  3. Port Back to Town
  4. Waypoint to a heavily populated area
  5. Hit the 10 REQUIRED <= stacks to live through being grazed by the rift guardian
  6. Waypoint back to town
  7. Portal back into GR
  8. Zone back to the rift guardian
  9. Resume fight

Because it is that or
Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die , Revive Die

Out of time fail rift.

The WD defence stacks are stupid
The Inarius Bone Armor stacks are stupid
The Demon Hunter srarting with 3 of 5 stacks of sentry best case and loosing them all every zone … yup stupid.

You shouldn’t have to earn the minimum survival requirement by running into death…

Tusked Bogans = Death
Charging Bulls = Death
Winged Assassin = Death
Lucani = Death
Archers = Death
Succubi = Death

1 Like

I did that but still when pushing rifts, that is bad tactic because it takes time and if you died once that mean you can die again and more time wasting so it is just pointless.
Can’t wait for the new set for necro. :slight_smile:

I just tried this build with a few tweeks. Changed decrepify to simulacrum/ cursed form, changed trangs for echoing fury, and stand alone (no idea why this is in there) to final service. Wearing RRoG instead of CoE and still have Haunted Vision in cube. Very interesting with both you and the clone spamming Blood nova.

Trag’Oul’s Corroded Fang gives you a 200% damage bonus to cursed enemies. As you have curses in their aura variants, that means mobs are always cursed. This means you get a permanent 200% damage bonus, versus CoE’s 200% when you’re in the right element cycle.

Stand Alone is used because, as this build doesn’t use any pets, it gives you a 100% armour bonus for mitigation.