Inarius 6 Set Damage Wording

Inarius 6 set bonus Increase they take dmg from the Necromancer =
Increase dmg by??% number?

The Wording just confuses me. If anyone can explain I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 10,000%

Yeah, itā€™s a bit screwed up. Bone tornado of Bone Armor damages for 1000% and
any other Necro skill used is buffed by 10000%

https://ptr.d3planner.com/719538830

Rollover your mouse on Bone Armor / Damage to see the damage formula

Somebody could think 10.000% dmg is huge and bigger than 9.750% of Legacy of Dreams / Nightmares: false! They are different multipliers, so that Inarius buff is negligible. We can say itā€™s garbage, actually.

1 Like

Not exactly true. Inarius is a 101x multiplier and LoD is 98.5x at max rank. The biggest difference is that LoD is always active to everything (and has every gear slot to focus additional buffs to your selected build) while the Inarius buff only affects targets while they are within your Bone-nado around you. What Inarius lets you do is use Jessethā€™s set for a 5x multiplier and Captain Crimsonā€™s for a damage buff and damage mitigation (on top of the setā€™s native 60% and possibly 90%).

1 Like

Inarius has issues beyond its wording.

its a close range set without the ability to build a tanky enough AND damaging enough build around it.
Anything Inarius can do , other sets or non sets, do better.

Its needs some serious attention, this season was the Dev chance to do that ,but all they did was add 1% on top of the toughness stacking. No damage changes, no added or changed mechanics ā€¦nothing.

1 Like

The ONLY thing Inarius can do is use Jesseth set and use Captain Crimson set. Otherwise, LoD builds do everything Inarius builds can do, and usually do it better.

Idea for next patch: 1000% (15000 max) damage + 1% attack speed for every stack of bone armor.

Sadly, all of necro sets are left in the dust by the lod variants ( lod corpse Lance > pestilence, lod singularity > rathma, etc.)

Personally i wouldnā€™t care so much that LOD is better, if not for the fact that all the builds revolve around LOTD.
Variety is great, LOD ā€˜shouldā€™ be the king of variety with all the possible legendary combinations ā€¦but it isnt, because the majority of legendaries suck.

The ideas behind many are great. Death Bargain, FrostBurn, Rimeheart, Shard of hate, Thunderfury, Odin son, etc etc. All have awesome effects but they havnt been touched since launch, with no built in scaling they are absolutely useless nowadays.

LOD would be fine ā€¦if there was some legitimate variety ā€¦there isnt. So when a set liek Inarius is left behind ā€¦its significant and needs sorting out.

I just got my set earlier today and I was disappointed that to get the buff, you had to be right on top of the mobs. I will work on an LoD set I think, since I canā€™t seem to get the RoRG to drop for me to utilize crimsons.

Full disclosure: I am new to the necro. This is my first season playing one as a main.

The real problem with Inarius is when you lose your Bone armor stacks. You are dead meat.

You can only get RoRG from Act I and IV bounty caches.

Inarius with the Mage Contamination Rune is quite fun to play atm.

I wonder if Inarius was intended to use Scythe of the Circle. They are both Bone Armor centric.

Probably not

• Inarius needs Bone Armor 100% uptime to make damage
  • SoC reduces Bone Armor duration

I think it is still viable despite the issue of ā€œdrainingā€ your bone armor. There used to be a blood Nova inarus build , not anything special, but it worked at GR80-ish. With some basic cooldown reduction, just from paragons and maybe 1 or 2 rolls on gear you could keep bone armor up 100% of the time.

1 Like