In depth new DH set GoD6 analysis, tips and detailed setup options!

I lucked out had a Primal Etrayu drop , it has 10 dmg%, dex, cold dmg and i rolled AD for it. I was lucky with quiver as well, its normal but 599% legendary line dex, attack speed 17%, 15HA dmg, 16AD. So the bow is usable for sure, I like it. I also have a primal Nats Slayer i mess with, it has 10dmg% ,AD, dex, CDR. Im not sure about the speed pylon thing using the Etrayu, its seems like it hurts a little bit, but thats a feel eyeball thing, no testing involved so who knows.

Itā€™s familiar in a lot of builds where a Channeling Pylon is bad for a build, so it isnā€™t like skipping a pylon thatā€™s bad for a build is foreign to a lot of players.

And sometimes, a speed pylon can be a benefit if a waller is near or follows you to it, as it breaks the waller affix.

1 Like

This is true. I dug more into this the past few days. For each setup, when you strafe weave, you shoot out a projectile along side it (basically the animation that comes right after the manually casted shot). This animation length is different with each weapon combo.

Another thing to note is that gear attack speed (not legendary affix attack speed like hunters wrath or speed pylon) appears to have no effect on strafe-weaved shots. No amount of attack speed/paragon points that I was able to muster up had any effect, leading me to conclude that strafe-weaving mechanics is strictly based on the weapon combo you use. It is possible that I may not have had enough attack speed stats to truly confirm this, however if it required more than 5 slots + paragon to achieve a different BP, then it would technically be out of the range of every player attempting to optimize the build normally.

I plan on doing a video on it to show the differences between strafe-weaving with each setup at some point. For an early peak/summary, 1H+Quiver will give you more arrows if strafe-weaved perfectly. DW is slightly slower than 1H+Quiver, while 2H and 2Hxbow are quite a bit behind in this regard. With that said, excluding all legendary effects, strafe-weaved 1H closes the raw damage gap of the 2hxbow and also a more enticing choice considering 1Hā€™s have useful legendary affixes.

4 Likes

My experience with this set has been a bit different. When I used the 1.5-1.67 attack speed breakpoint with a primal Etrayu, I could only clear until 120 (1300p). Above this GR I just could not kill fast enough.

Then I tried something, changed my gear so I would reach the 1.87 strafe breakpoint and all of a sudden I was melting mobs (using same Etrayu but re-rolled for attack speed) Then I cleared until 125 in 13min without conduit or power pylon.

So to me it seems as though attack speed does improve your damage for the GoD build. And I believe itā€™s because GoD 4-piece procs whenever your strafe projectiles hit the mobs. So faster strafe means more strafe projectiles are hitting mobs in the same time frame, and so more 4-piece procs are created.

This also explains why Vallas works well, if a projectile pierce procs then this projectile will hit another mob and proc the GoD 4-piece again. However strafe has 0.20 proc coefficient for the rocket rune hence it only procs 20% of the time.

Proc coefficient has nothing to do with GoD 4p bonus, itā€™s all about the timing of Strafe projectile hits. Due to 4pā€™s ICD, ideally you want Strade to hit something every frame so 4p can fire a primary as soon as its cooldown finishes with minimum delay. Vallaā€™s Bequest and Rocket Storm rune are used to achieve that.

Can u elaborate a little more on why 1h + quiver will fire more HA?

Also with strafe weaving ā€¦ i have no problems after your magnificent video about how to strafe weave with mouse wheel but

When i strafe weave i feel like my manually casted HA are usually off targetā€¦ can u also make a how to aim strafe weave video if u have timeā€¦ would be greatā€¦

(Didnt want to bother u too much but i would really love an opinion on my how can improve my dh threadā€¦ again if u have the time to check my d3 planner )

I just can say that I ā€œfeelā€ that 2H are ~2 hits per second while 1H more (like 2,5 or so). This seems to be in line with HA breakpoints + Hunters compared to Strafe breakpoints.

It would look like this (Only HA+hunters).

Which seems to fit without detailed testing and it would seem that only the weapon combo matters.

1 Like

So is it right that strafe is going to shot 1,67 projectiles per second as max?
In that case, is it worth on rift guardian to shot more using primary skill which can reach >2 attack per second with dual weapon? (just using strafe to keep up taeguk)

Hi there .
I know Im joining at the end of the seasone , but can some1 help me with dual wielding one-hand crossbows . In particular , what are the optimal stats for both weapons . I have a GoD DH with a primal Dawn with 10% , Dex and 24% area dmg , and i just got a primal Fortress Ballista with Dex , Vit and 1.5 hatred regeneration . Should I roll 10% dmg on my Balista , or should I go for 24% area dmg . Also , did I just ruined my Dawn by keeping my 10% dmg and rolling the other stat (that I no longer remember) for 24% area dmg ?
Thanks in advance

Generally, for dual wielding you want 24% area damage on both weapons. Next, since youā€™re lower paragon, Iā€™d recommend dexterity on both weapons as well. That leaves 1 primary on the Dawn or Fortress Ballista or 2 primaries on the Vallaā€™s Bequest (assuming you reroll the Strafe damage to something).

Since adding damage +10% to a weapon only affects that weapon and not the other, it averages out to about +5% overall which isnā€™t very good but better than most other options. You also need to consider cooldown reduction and you want at least 37% or so total to maintain permanent Vengeance. Finally, there is also elite damage as a rare weapon affix that would possibly be the next best thing after area damage and possibly cooldown reduction.

So basically my recommendation for low paragon dual wielding is:

1. Area damage +24%
  2. Dexterity +1000
  3. Cooldown Reduction +10%
  4. Elite Damage +8% (if CDR not needed)
  5. Damage +10%

If you get a great Ninth Cirri Satchel, then you can use a 1h weapon with it if you want and in which case, Damage +10% is better than other options except maybe Area Damage. Also, once you reach high Dexterity, then the +1000 on a weapon will matter less, so keep that in mind as well.

Lastly, donā€™t forget to socket your good ancient weapons with Ramaladniā€™s Gifts!

2 Likes

Thank you for the fast and comprehensive reply .
Sins Im a relatively new player , may I also ask : what is considered to be a High Paragon Lvl ?

For the sake of when you want to switch from using Dexterity in weapons, somewhere above 20-25k Dexterity (2000-3000 paragon usually). That said, if you donā€™t have a better weapon, donā€™t worry about keeping Dexterity on it as it isnā€™t bad; itā€™s just there are better options once you have a lot of Dexterity from paragon.

This math seems to say you donā€™t want HA bonus on all three items and you are better off only having it on belt and pants. So if you only have HA bonus on belt and pants, then taeguk is better than trapped, but if you have it on all three, then trapped is better than taeguk.

Question: Will you do LESS damage overall with HA bonus on quiver? Should you not want it on there at all?

No. Having HA on quiver will always mean you do more damage if you look at it in isolation.

It does change is the relative value of Trapped vs. Taeguk, and thatā€™s what Hunterkiller was pointing out.

But 45% HA is always more damage than 30% HA.

45% HA + Taeguk > 30% HA + Taeguk
45% HA + Trapped > 30% HA + Trapped

What Hunterkiller is pointing out is that, when you have 45% HA and 150 gems, no Odysseyā€™s End or other DIBS buffs (e.g. from groups):

30% HA + Taeguk > 30% HA + Trapped
45% HA + Trapped > 45% HA + Taeguk

This is also assuming good uptime on both.

4 Likes

That is exactly what I was looking for right there. Thanks.

Bit late to the party, but I wanted to thank DiEoxidE for this breakdown. After making a few minor changes to my setup, Iā€™ve added 10 GRs to my highest clear.

Thatā€™s the difference between ā€œit just doesā€ and ā€œhereā€™s why Thing A works and Thing B doesnā€™tā€.

3 Likes