In depth new DH set GoD6 analysis, tips and detailed setup options!

ty. my thinking same but was not sure. i am using buriza for now. we’ll see…

after doing over 250 speed-gr105s (< 2mins) in the last two days, I believe this theorycrafing is all non-sense and this build just has a VERY high RNG, nothing more

2 Likes

What is going on with Numbing Traps vs Cull the weak?

There is info on D3 wiki that cold damage apply slow and we use HA rune that does cold damage.

the problem is it does proc Numbing traps but does not proc cull the weak

cull the weak is proc’ed from your follower or if you have rolled crowd control on your gear

It’s fun to dissect the inner-workings of something “new” and attempt to explain to the masses with the goal of giving the most accurate information possible to help all players achieve what they desire with their DH’s.

With that said, I agree with your sentiment that the build is tied to significant amounts of RNG, more than what we are used to in a build. It is an unfortunate reality once the honeymoon phase wears off and end game pushing frustrations tend to kick in.

2 Likes

It suffers from the same fate as our other sets. Only difference is it doesn’t run into bad RNG until your well past what our other sets can do.

I’d say right around 127ish is where you start coming into it’s RNG freakishness and it gets worse from there but…

That’s well above where S6, UE Multishot, among others start running into problems. That said, you can still reach into the 130’s with a little more effort but 132 and beyond at anything below 3.5k paragon, it starts to become a bit of a headache and takes some extreme fishing get beyond it.

But again, that’s well past the upper the zone of what our other sets can do, so I think most of us are pretty pleased with that. It seems it’s falling pretty close to where the devs set their goal a while back with 135ish at 5K paragon.

At least, that’s what I think.

1 Like

I agree with above. I did 128 with p2450 and I don’t know if I can do higher, short of a very good rift, say like 3 elites in the beginning with shield and power shrine and 1-2 more shrines at the end.

Do we have a consensus yet on Taeguk vs. Trapped? Initial analysis seemed to suggest Trapped, but the majority of the leaderboards show people choosing Taeguk. Why is this? And, if Taeguk is chosen, is Cull the Weak still worth running? If not, what else would be chosen instead?

1 Like

There is still a preference in most cases but there are some exceptions:

• If you (or someone in your party) is using Entangling Shot with Odyssey’s end, Taeguk is much weaker. This is due to the additive nature of the Taeguk buff. Similarly, a support Barb with Threatening Shout - Falter provides a large additive buff, making Taeguk less useful. The more additive skill damage you have (Hungering Arrow Damage 10~15+%, Odyssey’s End + Entangling Shot, Threatening Shout - Falter, Strongarm Bracers, Marked for Death, etc.) the less effective Taeguk will be.
  • If you prefer to fight at a distance (ranged) in solo, consider Taeguk or Zei’s since it will be more difficult to actively proc slow/chill effects on distant targets.
  • If you prefer to fight more close, consider Trapped and stay close to high-density of targets and elites. Having both Taeguk and Trapped helps a lot here since you can tank more easily too.

Even without Bane of the Trapped, Cull of the Weak should generally be used even without a reliable slowing method since you can use Fan of Knives or your follower to slow/chill targets (especially rift guardians). If using the Odyssey’s End dual generator variant, Entangling Shot will provide the slow effect. In a group setting, others can help slow/chill, so Cull of the Weak is also useful here. There is also Thrill of the Hunt for those who don’t mind giving up a passive skill slot.

4 Likes

Taeguk can provide more damage than BotT for solo pushing unless you’re using Odyssey’s End or you have all three 15% HA bonus on belt, pants and quiver.

With 15% HA on belt and pants, both gems at rank 150.
Taeguk increases damage by 0.8 / 1.3 = 61.5%
BotT increases damage by 60%

With all three 15% HA bonus
Taeguk increases damage by 0.8 / 1.45 = 55.2%

2 Likes

Basically what the others said. Taeguk also has the added benefit of providing an armor bonus as its secondary effect, in which DR for this build is highly sought after.

I have a (bad) habit of strafing close (can’t get the ranged thing figured yet especially when mobs are spread)…I used Simplicity/Taeguk/BotT on my NS 120 clear, dual wield with Fortress/Dawn, Archery/CtW/Ambush/Numbing and no deaths so…I’m using Stricken in season as by BotT is low right now.

2 Likes

Thank you the posts guys, lot of questions answered here.
I was wondering how far we can park (against a wall for lazy gameplay) and still do (almost) full damage. When not using BotT gem (yet, but planning) as its range is 15 yards.
Sometime it is quite hard to max out momentum as hitting HA skill don’t want to increase momentum and my hero just blindly rushing toward my cursor.
Other reason for it, it will be easier to hitting wall if Oculus ring is there.

Hey dudes with the 20% cold on Etrayu, does it not offer some serious power compared to other options or does it just sound better on paper than actual results?

Is it cause it doesn’t freeze or pierce that it isn’t used as staple.

As I understand it. using Etrayu gets the same amount of damage as using a Two hand Crossbow. It’s better than any other bow in that regard. Two Hand Crossbow is about a 25% damage increase and that 20% Cold comes really close to closing the gap.

Etrayu is great if you have the right Quiver. However Etrayu’s cold roll isn’t free - so you have to sacrifice something else for that (CDR, 24 AD, 10% Damage).

2H and these 4pc breakpoints with 9 FPA also mean that you should avoid the speed pylon, as it would lower your damage (at least in theory).

That’s not 100% true as there are breakpoints for HA during Strafe and you could get more manual generators out, which might help - but Dunno.

1 Like

dang, i love much this set is diverse in its application. I havent had this much fun playing demon hunter in such a long time and ive been playing it since d3 launch. theres so many things to do with it and i would love to see even more gear mesh with it.

Im assuming youd have to have a primal quiver then yes? or is it very specific stats. i didnt run into any builds on d3 planner using etrayu, only buriza.

To me, speed pylon really does feel like it lowers damage considerably. It’s kinda crazy. I dunno if it’s the attspd breakpoint thing or not.

1 Like

19% or less Attack Speed, is what you need to meet the magic breakpoint. And no attack speed in paragon.

This is my reason to not play with 2Hs. Got a perfect primal baccan caster - but skipping a pylon if you got one - feels wrong.

It also feels kinda slow - as the stop time with it feels just to long. It is really stop and go with 2h Xbox - bow is a little bit faster, though - but same issue. Think I now the reason - because HA BPs (including Hunters) do still apply - even with strafe generator strafe. Strafe activation does also play a role, but it is not blocking the generator.

On paper 2hands should rule supreme - but they don’t. Think this is related to HA breakpoints with 2H and also somehow related to Strafe. IMO 2h variant does not play that well. Can’t say much about pushing here - but it feels not right IMO.

1 Like