In depth new DH set GoD6 analysis, tips and detailed setup options!

Yeah, but there’s some people with the Strafe% still on there, so that negates that benefit.

And even if you roll it off to gain an extra affix, you’re basically trading one of Odyssey’s End/Echoing Fury/Fortress Ballista for a single affix. An extra affix is valuable, sure, but I think any of those competing options are significantly more valuable than one affix.

Well then there should be some weird interaction going on then.
I am sure someone here will figure it out, not me anyway.

Can someone explain how echoing fury works in the build?

I was under the impression the generator shots from strafe cap at a certain threshold, so is the benefit because it allows you to do more “manual” casting of generators while strafing/weaving? Dieoxide’s post says you need to “stand still for the benefit” so are we actually stopping strafe and just shooting the generator manually when the buff is active?

Technically, yes. Echoing fury’s attack speed buff does nothing for you while your strafing other than movement speed, so play style is to strafe from spot to spot to plant and shoot.

Overtime, i expect this variation to weed out as fortress/dawn DW becomes more popular, but it is an option.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, been trying all 3 and gotta say it’s hard to pass up the raw dps of the Odyssey’s End variant.

1 Like

The second patch on the PTR allowed strafed HA’s to pierce, ignoring strafe’s proc coef, as well as proc AD.

We did a whole thread on testing on the PTR in which you can find here.

GoD generator does proc area damage. Second patch on PTR allowed strafed generators to proc, which included area damage. With that said, since it already does proc area damage, Valla’s Bequest has no effect.

The only minor benefit to Valla’s Bequest is that if you run Thrill of the Hunt, you can more easily proc Cull of the Weak and/or Numbing Traps on everything. But it’s not worth a weapon slot.

Great guide! Thank you :slight_smile: Can I please ask also for zDH item/skill guide? I mean GoD zdps variant. I belive it will be very useful and every DH in public games should have both DPS and ZDPS builds ready in armory.

1 Like

We are shaking out a couple different ideas. dmkt has been trying out several variants. Raxxanerax (sp?) has a YouTube vid up of a nice option.

3 Likes

This build is fun as f… Really enjoying DH again…

3 Likes

Agreed. I like Rax’s option a lot. It was basically what I was thinking of.

1 Like

Agreed, I’m a DH main turned Barb main and am falling in love with DH all over again.

2 Likes

Updated the OP with more weapon variations.

This thread has been added to the Sticky under the GoD Weapon and Skill Theory section. It was nice not to have to write it. :smile:

3 Likes

i dont understand why 2h crossbow isnt more popular, given that IAS doesnt really matter as long as you meet the breakpoints.

doesnt the raw dmg of crossbow outperform the other perks of a 1h crossbow or dual wield?

The main drawback is no useful legendary effect from 2h crossbows, even Buriza doesn’t do much. It also requires some specific IAS rolls and Enchantress instead of Templar if necessary.

That being said, I got a primal Manticore as my GR70 first primal so that’s what I’m gonna use for now.

1 Like

It also requires some specific IAS rolls and Enchantress instead of Templar if necessary.

i think ur mistaken. 2h crossbows doesnt really have much IAS requirements. even at 0 IAS, it shoots 10 FPA. which is near optimal.

but ya, i m using 2h crossbow right now. its not primal but i dont have any well rolled vallas or dawn.

and i dont understand why ppl use 1h crossbow with quiver. since i think 2hand crossbow with quiver should almost always outperform that.

Near optimal isn’t optimal in my book, that’s why I say it requires some specific IAS rolls.

You’re not at 9 FPA breakpoint btw. You need 37% IAS (without 7% on weapon), and you have 36% with no items on Enchantress so I assume you’re not using her.

Edit: nvm, I missed the 6% IAS on your Restraint. I would replace 7% IAS on Focus with CHD and use Enchantress if possible.

1 Like

I’m confused. GoD strafe projectiles are what do most of your damage. The rest of it is the primary you shoot to keep the momentum stacks up. GoD Strafe projectiles attack at the same speed regardles of your IAS, so why would you even need an IAS break point? I did some NS testing and noticed no affect when having no IAS on my gear and having IAS on my gear. Average clear speed on 95’s were still within +/- 10 seconds with 10 rifts completed with IAS and without IAS.