Impale Facetank

Came up with the Idea for an Impale variant last season.
Current season theme looks perfect for it.
It utilizes Echoing Fury, Stone Gauntlets, Obsidian Ring and Bane of the Stricken instead of Gogok of Swiftness.
Stone Gauntlets gives way more toughness than Aquila and we don’t have to talk about Echoing Fury right?

Link for the build
https://www.d3planner.com/240145980

It reaches 5 APS pretty easily just burn down high density and watch out for Oculus circles from your Templar
For group play you could swap Elusive Ring with CoE.
Any thoughts?

Why dont you play one and see how it goes ?

had no problem with gr110 with no augs and 3 ancients pretty bad gear overall

2 Likes

What you use Bola for?

To proc Wraps of Clarity for more toughness

Did you think about using FOK - Bladed Armor instead of it?
In that case you could use other, offensive bracers.

Stone Gauntlets gives 250% armor the toughness boost from Wraps of clarity is probably better than 40% armor from FoK, but I have to test it thanks for the input

1 Like

More? Yes. Way more? Not really.

At 25k base armor with 25% armor from Paragon and 40% armor from Bladed Armor, you gain:

(25000*4.15+3500)/(25000*1.65+3500) = 2.4x more toughness
(25000*(4.15-1.65))/(25000*4.15+3500) =58.3% DR

from Stone Gauntlets.

Is that better than Aquila? Yeah, a bit. But it’s not a massive difference. You’ll have about 20% more toughness with Stone Guantlets vs. Aquila.

I think people tend to overestimate the value of Stone Gauntlets. A few things: the more base armor you have, the better they are. The more % armor buffs you have, the worse they are. With infinite armor and no other % armor buffs, the buff from Stone gauntlets converges to provide ~71.4% DR (i.e. 2.5/(1+2.5) = 5/7). In practice, they’ll provide less than that. Sometimes considerably less, as you can see with the example above.