First I was working on new set but found it has a lot of potential once game play is worked on more. I hope for more damage but that is not what I started to work on.
First thanks for adding extra damage to impale through the quiver. I did notice a difference but doesn’t feel strong enough. I think Impale is your great boss killer and it needs to be equal to the current one which is Heaven’s fury Crusader. I’m not saying make it better but at least help it be on par with the dps and ability so that crusader and DH can be interchanged easily in that role. PLease, I have been a fan of DH since the beginning and long for the day where I am invited to metas as a DH. I haven’t tested other builds as much but my DH dream is to be able to work as solo and as a group and be present with 4 man groups as well as be a contender in solo. (Actually my wish list if its ever possible is that you can take 4 characters and create a successful meta group)
Looking at current NS PTR Sader is sitting at 142 with the AoV, DH is sitting at 132 with the Shadow. With your estimation fron my HPS change suggestion the DH Shadow could possibly reach 137-139. This estimate shows that its only a 3 GR gap. Not sure how you got “still 10 GR gap”.
DH best was a 129 (US NS, current era). Rank 8, user **[Mirovisk], character “arno” with p8755. If the changes to HPS quiver give 4-5 GR improvement, then you’d be looking at around GR133-134 tops. And, this is with p8755, nearly 4k more paragon than the “testing” 5k para that Blizzard supposedly uses.
Let’s compare this to a GR150 clear for HF cru (US, NS, current era) - admittedly with more paragon (roughly 10.5k or so). #2 on the LBs has around the same para as the DH player above, and cleared a GR148…
That’s roughly 14 GRs ahead of the DH with the new PTR changes to the HPS quiver…and 20 GR more without them.
EU/Asia might be different…nope…
EU DH - rank 19 with a GR130 clear @ p11129…2.6k more para than the US LBs…again, add say, let’s be nice, 5 GR and it’d be a GR135…still 15 GR behind the cru HF build (which has done a GR150 with p9222 - a near full 2k less para than the DH)…
D3 Public Test Realm LBs. Where they are currently testing out the new changes.
Edit: If I can recall correctly you play on console? I’m participating in testing new changes in D3 PTR client on PC, thats how I can see how players are progressing with the new changes. Not sure if Console players has a seperate client for PTR. Would make sense why theres a confusion here.
no PTR for console players, as usual, we get screwed by Blizzard and treated like 10th rate citizens…
I’m basing my calcs on existing LB pushes (NS, since that is typically higher paragon than you’ll get in a season unless you’re 24/7 botting) + 5 GRs for the changes to the HPS quiver. That should be an excellent guide to how impale works with the quiver changes in the “real” world.
I think you’ll find the existing 133 on PTR takes into account the hps quiver buff already. So, don’t go adding another 5 GRs to it…A 132 with the quiver buff is CRAP when compared to the cru/wd/barb which have all done GR150 - it’s 18 GRs lower…I expect PTR players to get another 2, maybe 3 GRs out of the quiver buff before PTR closes, but even then, it’ll be a 134/135, still 15 GR behind the other “top” builds…
Still you should know that a buff to impale would mean an increase in GR to DH and a nerf to Shield would mean a decrease in GR for sader.
This crossed my mind too but there’s a lot of facters that goes into GR climb, sush as players skill/gear/paragon, map, density, and pylons. I’d assume that its possible to go higher.
And one thing that helped me understand this is the information you provided:
This is without the buff to HPS. So again with the estimation provided DH could be doing 135-137. And currently Sader is at 142 in PTR (and considering the factors again could be doing higher).
This is why I said its not still a 10 GR gap if it goes to 125-150%. The gap shrunk a little.
Ahh I get you now - sader got a nerf? My bad, I had no idea as I don’t main or play cru and don’t follow it. Then yes, the gap has narrowed, but the current proposed change to the hps quiver is still not enough…
Impale will probably be semi efficient up to 145. Something along the lines of wearing 6pc cubing squirts using endless walk and coe and lacunis you would also probably want ias on all gear possible. Or maybe just use an Augilds build but I think they’d be around equal… demon hunters have a harder time keeping squirts up to even with say guardian turret squirts probably only be average at 6/10… crusader rgk will definitely more powerful for especially later in season…
There’s an 11 min GR 150 clear on PTR with impale DH at paragon 4400 and there’s another one with a 9k or something Crusader at 8 min. Looks like ok and no more buffs are required
How long did RG fight take for Crusader? How log did RG fight take for DH? How many paragons did Crusader use? All of them? What where the rift guardians?
If you don’t know this information you can’t conclude that no more buffs are required.
Wudi did Butcher in 4 minutes while using steady aim. So out of 11 minutes for whole rift 4 where spent on RG fight. You will not see many average DH players running with steady aim.
You can check that kill on this VOD
fast forward to 5h 28min.
You can hear his teammate says: “I have a question, why is damage so shi*? It is 3 minutes he should be dead by now”.