I'm really glad that the current team is listening to the community, but are they listening to the right community?

I played D2 Season for 10 years and still love D2!

I played D3 from the start till now as well and love D3!

I know much about both IP’s.

I pray D4 does not turn out to be a D2/D3 product made.

I want a fresh amazing new game that has subtleties of both and other new things to explore and enjoy.

This long…? They already modified their system and showed us that they are listening to the community in like what… less than 1 month? I feel that it is pretty fast…

1 Like

You also gotta consider the fact that the majority of people who are playing Diablo for the first time, D3 is their first game so their views on how awesome and how they designed diablo 1 and 2 are so different, I too am a veteran but Im silently waiting for their updates and news.

The new community is d3. d2 came out 20 years ago a lot has changed but the fact that they included diablo 2 stuff within this new d4 really has me excited even if theres things I dont like, its just what it is…I feel like people complain over the littlest thing in gaming now a days if its not to their liking and that’s really really annoying.

See what its like, give it a chance!

1 Like

They’ve been developing and scrapping D4 since about one year after D3 release. This iteration is certainly older than a year, all on its own.

Let’s see if get more than 20 flags for trolling together.

How so if 95% of all posts here start with “Longtime D2 veteran, D3 is garbage, therefore D4 must…
With the current D2 troll infestation one can only hope they don’t listen to the so called “community” at all.
Current itemization update (removal of legendaries, useless new mechanics and items in general being totally meaningless) wakes no hope for D4 in me anyway.

2 Likes

Looking at the stuff that D2 fans want to bring back, one can only hope that the developers listen more to the “20 people who still play D3 and visit the forums”.

4 Likes

Nice one Avalon,
Is this cure a pill, an enema or inhaler?
And how to get this cure to Diabolical and his buddies?

All of my friends and myself played d2 A LOT back in the day.
And while not all of us liked d3 - about 80% did. And those who did not - didn’t hate it. They merely didn’t get hooked on it and moved to other games.
Are we playing d3 every day or even every season? Hell no! But not because it’s bad - but because there are other awesome games that eat up time. Its as simple as that. D3 gave me thousands of hours of fun, and it keeps giving. It is probably the most cost-effective game I own.

And it isn’t like I’m living in a bubble that contains the only people in the world who think like that. No.
The only people I ever saw who actually HATE D3 - are people like you on these very forums.
But the thing is… Just because your hater crowd yells the loudest in every thread you can find to give each other validation - your opinion doesn’t become the majority opinion. It definitely is the loudest one, I Grant you that, but that doesn’t matter at all.
You are still a minority that feels the need to be very vocal and loud and attack d3 players - to be noticed at all.

They start so because D3 players are content with the state of the game, and are positive about what the dev team is making.
It is only the few “veterans” that can feel with their behind the real direction that D4 is going - who feel the need to tell Blizzard what d4 must and mustn’t be.
People who like D3 aren’t even thinking that D4 could go so “back to the roots” to compare it with d2. They are not creating such threads - but they react to the “veteran” threads that you mention.

Also, your exaggeration of 95% serves only to undermine your point. Its not even close to that, everyone can see.

Kinda not, since D3’s sales were entirely driven by love for D2. Not to mention the fact that D2 had far higher sales, compared to the market at that point in time. D2 was the highest selling video game of all time, when it released.

Besides, the fact that only 20 people play D3 currently (and 3 months after release) is even more hilarious in light of their massive sales.

I honestly don’t believe you. None of my friends liked it, and quit after one play through on normal. I’ve never even met anyone who liked it.

You can only count to 20 apparently. ( there are more numbers past 20!)
Millions play D3 in this world.

Soooo.
Basically you are saying that your friends quit without actually playing the game. One playthrough on normal before ROS equals character level 30. And even still they manage to have opinion on the end-game mechanics of Diablo 3.
That figures.