I'm really glad that the current team is listening to the community, but are they listening to the right community?

-Diabolical What world do you even live in? 90% of the suggestion posts ON THE DIABLO 3 FORUMS suggest systems similar to Diablo 2 and half of the post makers are by people with Diablo 2 avatars.

Most Diablo 3 players do not hate Diablo 2 and most are already in the “make Diablo 4 more complex than Diablo 3” team. This includes streamers and those that almost exclusively play Diablo 3, they want Diablo 4 to have more Diablo 2 like systems. So yeah, it kind of confuses me where you come off making the assumptions you do. It also makes me a bit mad that you’re trying to undermine anyone with a different opinion than you.

People like you make the Diablo 2 community look intolerant and impossible to please. At least you don’t see the Diablo 3 community going around pretty much saying things like “Ignore Diablo 2 players, they’re a small minority and don’t know what makes ARPGs good.” How insecure are you in other people having different opinions than you?

5 Likes

A skill tree that offers you less build flexibility and diversity than d3 runes - so in what way is skill tree better?
In d3 not every rune is an interesting choice - but many of them drastically change the spell, which d2 simply doesn’t have.
In d3 each class has 5-6 builds that can do high-end GR. There is always a top-of-the-top meta of course, but if you are looking at 10-15 GR below that - many builds are capable.
D2, on the other hand, can’t boast that.

I will give you that. But it is more of an rp mechanic than a gameplay thing. Don’t get me wrong, it does affect your player strength, but most of the time the choice was fake - you had one correct way to allocate those points.

I see it the other way around. The finite system has a hard limit on your progression and blocks your advancement. While an infinite system allows you to keep developing.
And it isn’t like it doesn’t have goals. Reach GR 100, or get 800 paragon to max all finite stat points. Level up your gems… There are goals in d3 that you do not have in d2. While d3 doesn’t have THAT particular goal, I would argue that what goals it does offer Trump reaching 99th level.

I agree, this is a fun systems.
You know how many fun systems d2 doesn’t have compared to d3? Cube, gems, Mystic, infusion… There are plenty of ways to customize yourself.
As a whole, customization of your character in d3 is much better than in d2. Yes, some things are missing - but others are present. The system as a whole is better.

A matter of setting up appropriate difficulty.
No one says you have to play on normal until 70.

You can do the same in d3. Each item has its own model and you can see it before picking it up.
Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

This is not a gameplay system and I even mentioned it. This is one of the things that blizz would look to bring back from d3.
On the other hand, looking at their pathetic narration and lore efforts in recent years, I’m sure they will succeed in making me wish I didn’t read the story. Their stories are for children under 10 recently. Good always wins, and all that. Even just HAVING a defined one-dimentional “good” and “evil” sides is already a fail.

3 Likes

You really gave D2 fans a bad name. Is it really that hard for you to login D3 and see the D3 seasonal board with your own eyes. It is certainly more than 20 people.

Is lying your greatest trait as D2 poster?

5 Likes

I am directly concerned as I didn’t played DII, I was too young.

So you think DIII players don’t understand the flaws in DIII?
Huge lolz here, just read the forum, the feedback given about ancients/primals. DIII flaws are massively known, but it’s still an enjoyable game.

So all DIII players, who did not play precedent versions can’t have knowledge about ARPG?
It’s funny, lot of DIII are already conscient about this point missing in DIII. Lot of feedback given to D4 Itemization has been about a more complicated system for character building.
And, DIII is not the only type of ARPG. Many players did try PoE, Wolcen, etc…

Don’t have played DII doesn’t mean you know nothing about game design, itemization, and every other aspect of the game.

Tell this when you’ll look at leaderboards, there is still a very active base on DIII.

Seriously, stop being sassy as hell. I could write “OK Boomer here.”

2 Likes

Please show us your facts.

1. I can tell you with out a doubt there would be no Matthew C. posting here in gen chat forum if the player base was tiny.

2. There would be no themed seasons if there was a tiny player base in D3.

2 Likes

doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out, d3 is less well received of the 2 diablo games. im not gonna explain it all to you, if you read enough of the forums, people have already explained it.

im one of these that are in the majority that didnt like d3, and im ‘silently’ watching the forums, i cba and just hope deep down, they know what to listen to and what not to.

but yeah, op has a very valid point whether you like it or not, im one of the people he’s talking about

1 Like

You thoughts are not correct by any means.
D3 is the 10th best selling game ever made.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/05/believe-it-or-not-diablo-3-is-now-the-10th-best-selling-video-game-of-all-time/#108cb0902ab4

Kinda shot you down big time!

3 Likes

tell yourself that kid, i could tear you apart like i have done others in the past but i literally cba. yes d3 was a massive success financially and sales wise, but was it a massive success in terms of arpg games? did it revolutionise or even come close to anything d2 did? d2 is still being played 20 years later, do you think d3 is going to be alive in 12/13 years time? d3’s sales was off d2’s reputation, times that by the following:-

advances in tech, almost all households have a pc these days as opposed to 1999, pc games wasnt such a massive industry then with the marketing powers of today, d2 wasnt realised on 5 or whatever different platforms, i could go on.

look at d2’s awards as opposed to d3’s, that says enough. i could go on further, but like i say, i cba because guys like you just dont get it.

If d3 had a different name, it would be nowhere near the initial sales success it was, look a the xpac sales compared to original and tell me thats good? like 10-20% of orignal games is dire by any game standards, so bad they knew at that point they fvcked it so hard it couldnt be saved and cancelled xpac. etc etc etc

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: Nothing else need be said.

2 Likes

again, you keep telling yourself what you like :slight_smile: fact is, no-one will be playing d3 in 12 years time, and you know it, and all my other points, just like that one, are correct, and you’re wrong but will straw-man clutch at what you can, like i also said in my post, thats why i literally dont bother with people like you

1 Like

The future is not here.

Right now we are in S19!

This is the current fact Jack!

2 Likes

okay captain obvious, well done for stating that. today’s date is also 5/12/19, want a award?

Really? So lets keep ruining franchises by using the reputation of great work of someone, to sell some crap?

Uhm, what? The community is the community, d1/2/3, and every one of us here is a part of it and are allowed our say. It comes in all sorts of shades with tons of varying opinions.

Or are you one of those “if you disagree with me, you’re wrong” types? What a joke.

5 Likes

This is a true statement, less toxins, more suggestions! There is room here for fan boys and girls of all 3 iterations of Diablo.

2 Likes

the dev replying is a D3 dev, not a D4 dev. that’s why he’s avoiding the D4 threads. and the toxicity of the D2 fanboys / d3 haters has made me stop even looking at those types of threads.

3 Likes

Maybe save your breath for, wait for it…official Diablo IV forums.

I would expect heavy input from Diablo 3 players on their own f’n forum.

SMH

The problems isn’t “are they catering to d2 or d3 groups”

The problem is “do they even understand, in depth, what about diablo 1 and moreso 2 made them SO godly and just straight the “the game” we grew up on”

theres deeper reasons than the surface.

Lots of them.
Do the d4 devs know these reasons? or are they going to not ever bring up many of them.

Here’s one example.
Hostile.
it hasn’t even been talked about.
That sucks, like to not even talk about it?
like it was a bad design choice or not, its debatable at best, and clearly isn’t some “nope bad idea don’t talk about it”

So.
because they haven’t talked about SEVERAL things diablo 2 did well with, it’s alarming.

They should provide a laundry list of diablo 2 qualities and their analysis of the game, as deep as possible, and why, and talk about that right now. Same with D3 and all it’s negatives.

2 Likes

Some peoples level of ignorance needs to be examined by professionals, a cure is on the way.

2 Likes

I dream Bliz creates D4 forum with only 4 or 5 topics .

Users can answer on topics BUT no one can open a new as long as the dev is running .

But it’s only a dream :disappointed: and we will continue to have a war between D2 players - D3 players . This is an heresy because all the Diablo games has his good points and his bad points , and no one here is in the dev team .