I'll summarize the general streamer feedback on resurrected

I agree, the game is fine the way it is.

My configuration is to have my attacks on scroll wheel up, down, mouse 4 and 5. How does what you’re saying make it more intuitive and proved me with a higher QoL? What you’re saying seems to make my play style obsolete and then forces me to develop a riskier and harder style.

As said, you click 1 time instead of 2. Doesn’t sound riskier nor harder.

If you like the old system, why would it be obsolete? Unless you think the alternative is a better system? In which case, it would seem to provide you a higher QoL. Due to being more intuitive.
And if not, it is merely two different control schemes, where different players might have different preferences on which they like.

its really hard isnt it

I’m already clicking less than one time. I’m holding the mouse button down and fluidly switching between skills with other fingers and thumbs - both hands. There is nothing more intuitive than that. I can see mashing a button to active some skills, such as War Cries, but barbarian attack skills it wouldn’t be better.

For example, as mentioned earlier, Frenzy is most efficient when hot keyed to the right mouse button and held down while hovering over the monsters head. While doing that my left hand has 4 fingers resting on the 4 potion keys while my thumb is on space bar, which is hot keyed to show items. Your way doesn’t come across as being better than that.

Which is 2 clicks.
But nobody is saying the old control scheme should be replaced. You could keep using it.

I agree with this. It should be an optional setting, in a mod.

A mod likely will show up for it, if Blizzard does not add it directly. Just no reasons for Blizzard not to add it.

A mod that makes D2R believe you are using a controller (giving us the controller skill bar), while sending keyboard clicks to the game as if they were controller clicks, doesn’t seem unrealistic.

its already implemented in the game by the devs

It’s not, it’s one click. You’re moving the character with the right mouse button held down which also has the skill auto attack when hovering over the monster. You can literally go from the gates of the Rogue Encampment to the entrance of the Underground Passage only clicking once the entire time.

That’s all that matters to me.

However, the best solution is to be able to select each skill as to how you want it activated, so the War Cries can be activated your way, which would be a really interesting dynamic added to the game.

a skillbar in modern arpgs always includes the left and the right mouse button

Click 1

Click 2

Sure, that would be nice.

D2 LoD has 16 skills on it’s skillbar, and you can put the skills almost anywhere you want. Modern arpgs are not as advanced.

No it isn’t. I didn’t see it in the Alpha and never saw it announced or even hinted at.

no it doesnt
it has keybinds that you can use to asign skills to your left and right mouse button while fighting monsters

Yes it does, it’s called a keyboard, and it’s far superior to your little unmoveable 5-6 key masher system.

you can mash way more than 5-6 keys with a keyboard :v
the difference is that something happens when you mash a key and you dont have to wait for your mouse button to activate the mashed key

The only mash games I’ve played are D3 and PoE, as far as I’m aware PoE only has up to 8 keys, D3 6. If I remember correctly, PoE can only have 1 key for left mouse attack, where as D2 LoD can have 4. D2 LoD can have 16 keys activated on right mouse and no clicking is required to switch between the skills. All that is required is mashing keys to activate them while the mouse button is held down, which is required to move anyway.

well
i suggest playing more games before trying to tell people how games work

That’s both funny and ignorant, considering you don’t even know how Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction works yet call for it to be changed. Not to mention the 2 game’s I listed are both successors of D2 LoD and the only two important to this conversation.