If you want personal loot, just play solo

And they also said these changes were not made easily… They are very aware of how the slightest change can totally change the how the game is played. Watch the Devs video talking about it. Its pretty good

1 Like

I did, but keep in mind, I’m talking about optional personal loot. An option, set by the game creator when they make the game, which can be filtered (in or out) in the game lobby, and which remains as defaulting to shared loot and which makes no changes whatsoever to either quality or quantity of loot that drops.

You, who prefers shared loot, would literally not have to do a thing. You’d continue playing shared loot, and when you tried joining open games, they would be shared loot games.

I really cannot see how you can argue against that.

2 Likes

They dont just have a button to make this happen tho. You’re talking time and money to make that happen. Its not a core feature

It won’t take a lot of time, that’s for sure. The game already does dice rolls to decide what loot drops, so using those to decide (in selected games) who won that loot is no biggie, and as for adding a button and toggle setting, that’s hardly much work at all.

Yes, it will take some developer time, of course. But it won’t take much, and would definitely improve D2R’s sales, and therefore make it more likely, by the way, that the game might be further developed or supported in ways you do actually care about.

2 Likes

I just dont agree with you.

1 Like

It waters down the game. Who cares if you found a TC 87 if random people doing a Baal run (an easy run for 8 players who will likely kill faster, get more drops, more xp and be easier to do when compared to running it solo) got personal drops and also found a TC87. It’s like deflating a balloon, just a big buzz kill to magic finding. I’m against personal loot. It’s also not Diablo 2, sorry.

If you don’t like the pick it users or fighting randoms for gear then the solution is simple, baal/chaos with your friends. Why is that hard? Generally I think it’s not too hard to make a friend or two (and maybe they have a friend or you join a clan) that will be interested in doing these runes and sharing loot.

Personal loot is a huge change, it makes everything that isn’t an 8 player chaos or Baal run inefficient. This is just like having bots in the game, you are marginalizing my efforts. Also you are circumventing the game loop and making things easier, it’s not D2. Leave loot like it is.

3 Likes

How could I be marginalising anything? No extra loot is going to drop for 8 players with personal loot than shared loot, so your argument would only make sense if you were going to be against all 8 player games!

2 Likes

They are terrified that if players are given the option that the large majority of players will choose personal loot games over FFA.

2 Likes

I do honestly believe some in favour of shared loot only are so for exactly that reason.

2 Likes

Shared loot is an outdated mechanic and should go away. It doesn’t achieve anything except give edge to griefers and auto clickers. It discourages group play.

3 Likes

No. It wouldn’t dumb the game down. Trading would still be a thing. If he drops something you don’t need you can still trade it off for things you do need. Cheating is inevitable, especially in a shared loot system. Why do you think it was so popular in the original? The thing they need to lock down is duping. Assuming they go the same route and make it so duped items auto delete on log out it’d be incredibly infuriating to trade a rare drop for another rare thing you actually need just to find out it was a duped item/rune/whatever.

1 Like

Yo this guy literally doesn’t play battle.net. He advocates for game changes that won’t even effect him. I think he tried to duel once, got nk’d and cried his way back to singleplayer. Not worth debating with at all, imo.

Keep in mind, 9/10 people here advocating for these wild game changes are all singleplayer players, with literally no understanding as to how to play the game online, and have put in minimal effort to learn. Literally this is the same crowd of people that say they “came back” to D2 after all these years, talk about how good they were, but probably got a torch once then quit.

Sorry for the salt.

Salt? You mean arrogance right, cause assuming you know what the playing history of other people sounds p®etty arrogant.

+1 for the ignore list.

keep in mind that morons making assumptions based on ignorance are quite common.
simple example:
I played on the battle net for years, first in open games, then decided that they, like trading were to full of bugabusing cheaters, so I went into a community that was a “bubble” against those influence
then decided that the battle net was not stable enough and had too many downsides to make playing really enjoyable.
so you go to the SP where cheating scum is not something that you

1. need to interact with
  2. ruins prices
  3. causes network stability issues
    becuase the cheating scum is absent

Ya, I like single player but for hardcore, it seems a bit unfortunate that the game pauses when I press escape and that the maps are static. I feel like Bnet is more fun due to the challenge though the bots and everyone wanting to rush me is annoying.

To counteract the wrecked economy I mostly avoid trading. I saw someone yesterday trying to trade 3 hkeys for a vex rune, not my idea of the type of economy I want to be a part of.

Most of these people arguing don’t have enough sense to realize that many of these drops are rather common junk items, of which they will find countless numbers of as they farm. And they will never use or equip them. They will sit in a mule stash.

i dunno about you, but for expedience sake, I tend to keep, for example, items for early game and midgame playing to level chars quickly and progress quickly

then you got the whole: get stuff to trade (if you do that), like craftpacks, low runes, charms, pgs, other currency etc.

then you get “standard uniques” which you will be able to trade reliably, like say a vmages or wts, gores, harles etc.
you will run out of space rather quickly depending on how much you do

1 Like

personal loot is good example of people who not really play this game qqing about the wrong things. U gotta be brain damaged to risk your account to use pickit for hopes of snagging a baal drop before the bots do. ffa loot vs ploot was never a issue and now suddenly ppl think it will make or break the game.

The real problem being that d2 endgame, which is pvp, is gated behind such rng that players are incentivized to bot/rmt. Want to pvp in d2? cool first you gonna need to farm enigma, hoto, cta, crafted fcr ammy, 2/20fcr circ, anni, torch, life skill gcs, life res sc’s. Some like that and will spend 10,000 hours farming a 20life / 5 @ res sc, but most just want to duel without having to ruin their life first.

And you have to be as naive as all get out to think that Pickit wasn’t heavily in use before and won’t be again if D2R stays with the stupid and awful FFA loot system.

1 Like

U think a lot of bnet players are risking their entire account to use pickit in public baal runs? Even if they are, which they are not, all they did was own themselves by getting their whole account banned for a shako.

FFA/Ploot is not going to suddenly make it possible for an average person to gear up for pvp. I promise you once noobs realize how it is they will start to qq for some major drop rate changes. When that doesn’t happen, they will decide if they are going to bot, rmt, or just not participate. Meanwhile, they will wonder why did we spend all our qq on personal loot and charm inventories when this game has some actual serious issues that could have been fixed. It’s cuz they weren’t playing, so all they know to qq about is those things they see their streamers doing or talking about.

It’s like if blizzard added a feature to scarcraft where you had to farm the campaign mode 100,000 times to unlock units in pvp, and we all qq over how botters have an advantage instead of stupid gatekeeping that forces ppl down certain paths.

Now I’ll add something constructive since so far all I did was say how ffa/ploot is not a important issue to debate. This game needs a pvp mode where you can create a lvl 99 char with perfect rolled versions of any item that could drop in the game. If you do that, you remove the primary demand for botted items, rmt, pickit, etc. Many would be sad they can no longer make a living off this game, and others would be sad that the crafted amulet they never are actually going to roll wont be worth anything when they rolled it in their imagination. Meanwhile, pvpers having awesome time, pvmers doing their thing in a botless d2, and then maybe its time to qq that the melee barb can pick up a drop before your zon that was hiding safe 2 screens away…

1 Like