If you want personal loot, just play solo

I think this is what some people are missing. There is earning your gear and being excessive in how long it takes to earn your gear. Blizzard has already announced that seasons will be shorter than 6 months.

Excessive is excessive :eyes:

I did not list “good gear”, I listed best in slot, outside of a few rare setups, like say a death played on AD.

none of the class sets are best in slot, they are decent for a few builds; tal shines on dual sorcs and that is it, IK is decent for 3 builds but no really good choice for either,
Gris is decent for avengers or elezealots but bad for other builds, the dudu set is useless for any build (I mean seriously, an exceptional weapon for a hell build etc),same for the assa set, m’avina lacks pierce (bread and butter of every ranged char) and can only be used by a magezon, the nec set is at least useable on venos and summoners

single player for over 11 years, things do drop in time, besides, good LK map, a couple of thousand runs over time, stuff drops
besides: nobody is negatively affected by what somebody else does on their own computer without interaction with others.

@MicroRNA
That is the basic problem, as drop chances for stuff are still relatively low, meaning you need to put in loads of time to counter that.
Something that in current diablo2 is pretty much covered by itemshops, dupes and hacks.

That’s my point. I really think we’re on the same side here. In D2 there’s options for gearing, but you can get by without bis and still progress (which is a good thing), unlike D3 where for the most part all your equipment is locked in.

1 Like

you know the main reason why people bot? b/c the drop rates are so low that only bots can stomach grinding that much to get lots of gg loot.

hmm ya, gl with that; only dupers might consider such a lopsided trade.

1 Like

There are no items that you need to be able to kill hell Baal, they only reduce the time it will take. If you want the drop rates to be really high to get the top items in a small time frame, then you are going to be over the game really fast.
Getting good gear to wear or trade is what gives the game longevity.

Did you ever use a character editor back in the day to make a level 99 character with all the best gear? It got boring very quickly. Similarly, flooding the economy with items due to personal loot will also degrade the experience.

2 Likes

No, abysmal drop rates is what makes people leave.

Longevity that only keeps around a residual part of the fanbase is pointless.

1 Like

So more reason to have a separate game mode with a better drop rate?

This isn’t diablo 3, where a certain item is needed to be able to make any further progress. You can’t just target a certain item and think that getting it is the only way of moving forward.
People with this mindset shouldn’t be trying to change diablo 2 into diablo 3 by drastically changing drop rates. Just go back to diablo 3 if you want that.

1 Like

Add more mf, that’s how you improve your drop rate. If runes are what you want increased, learn the areas, clickables and monsters that have the best rune drop rates.

1 Like

i was referring to what people can do in single player.
you have control over your save files, can thus easily duplicate runes, you can go map fishing (few teleports to relevant targets like boss mobs, racks, superchests etc)
you have editors
etc
besides the whole plugy /d2se thing etc.

however, whatever you cheat on your personal computer, does not negatively or positively affect anybody else, unless you start trading somewhere with other single player people.
you do not cause lags, you do not flood a market
etc…

there are exactly 3 things that improve your chances at getting something good in diablo 2

1. higher % mf for increased chanced of a rarity upgrade of the drop
  2. knowing where to farm what (arealvl, density of mobs, knowing the immunities, super chests, teleport routes/map generation) etc–> killspeed and clearspeed)
  3. more people ingame, as that lowers the no drop chance.

Given that most items are tradeable in Diablo II, I think personal loot is a welcome change given how rampant some loot griefers can be in multiplayer games.

This is not a remake… Thats really all that needs to be said here. Really hope they stay true to there words.

2 Likes

Solo a few Baals on Hell Mode and u will get all the items u need. Heck run PINdle and Meph too to get more drops. Shared Loot is what Makes Diablo 2 the game it is… TIred of losing that drop again - just make a solo game and get your own…

Memoraw of a solo self found HC Diablo Player …

Edit - didnt personally like hearing ladders were no longer 6 months either…

And your argument against optional personal loot is???

Thats not how the game was designed to be played. Theres no need for it. Lots of things could be “optional” that doesn’t mean they should be implemented. Takes time and money to do that stuff, when its just fine to begin with.

If it’s “just fine” to begin with, why do so many people request personal loot?

How would you be harmed but letting other people set loot to personal in their games?

1 Like

Lots of people request lots of different things, leave the game alone, people will still play it.

2 Likes

I most likely won’t. If the pathetic shared loot model is, in D2R, still my only choice, I’ll continue to play single player, and if I continue to play single player, I might as well just keep playing D2/LOD+Pluggy+PD2.

Also, it wasn’t just “lots of people”, Blizzard themselves talked about personal loot as being something they wanted to hear community feedback about.

1 Like

Sure for future games im sure they would consider that. This is a remaster tho. You dont just do that

1 Like

There’s some official remaster limitations set down somewhere? They’ve already made changes to correct some of D2’s flaws. There’s already auto gold pickup and a shared stash for example. Adding an optional (and it does have to be optional) personal loot setting isn’t breaking the purist remaster streak, because that’s already been broken.

Besides which, no way in hell I’m paying $70 just for a mere graphics overhaul.

1 Like