If you could add a new class to D3, which one would you?

(Thread for daydreamers. Ignore the maintenance mode factor, just dream away).

In my case, since the extra classes 1 and 2 were Strength and Intelligence (Crusader, Necromancer), I would add a Dexterity class.
The challenge would be having its flavour not overlap with Monk nor DHunter, so I thought of a Blademaster, a traditional Japanese style swordsman whose signature equipment are 2-H Katanas (class specific) and an off-hand Talisman/Dao/Wakizashi that ignores 2-Wielding restriction. Resource is something like Clarity (calm mind sort of thing), and abilities revolve around unleashing magic sealed within the swords, for example via Iaido (unsheathing), think of the magic and visuals in Demon Hunter or Bleach (yes, anime).
Movement and utility abilities would have higher cooldowns but stronger effects, like sidestepping, dodging and parrying to counter.
The desired gameplay style is one of rythm, where properly timing the skills makes them work better.
This is the slow Dex class that takes fewer perfectly measured steps and strikes sure and true.

What are your takes?

2 Likes

I would enjoy Druid coming back but not the shapeshifting heavy one that I seen D4 advertising. Druids are like shamans in they utilize the environment. Unfortunately, D3 mixed many old class skills into other characters.

A Druid that used skills revolving around earth like stone. Water skills, fire skills, and air. Shapeshifter skill for mobility could be added like faster running while boosting defense so you can run through mobs without being insta killed. Adding a grouping skill to the shapeshifter ability.

Think I would enjoy something like this.

5 Likes

I would like if they added Necromancer. It would be awesome if we could have a huge army follow us around.

For those that don’t get it, yes it’s slight sarcasm as the current necro is just a shell of an actual necro.

5 Likes

I’d love a proper summoner. One with permanent uptime on golems, skellies and all nature of denizens! Our current necromancer is severely lacking. Perhaps some kind of Warlock hybrid would be cool, too.

4 Likes

This subject has already been addressed OP as you trolled my post a few days ago for posting about season 21 buff and having my post removed. I think your argument went something like “please use the other 25 threads regarding this topic”. I believe you should practice what you preach.

Tiefling (offspring of demons and humans).

You have resistance to fire damage. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: You can see in the dark. Hellish Rebuke: any creature that damaged you is momentarily surrounded by hellish flames. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

a new tank class say a hybrid of barb and monk with stronger AoEs and CC abilities and heavy damage they dont even use weapons they only carry them as stat sticks and they actually tear thru enemies barehanded

1 Like

The Assassin

9 Likes

Or how about Subclasses?

8 Likes

not going to lie that does sound pretty cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Except in diablo I wouldn’t want firearms, don’t want WoW looking characters, and if there was a sub class barbarian for berserker…I would want animal hide incorporated somewhere hardening to berserkers believes they would take on characteristics of the animal of the hide worn.

Like the concept art.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I always thought a Bard class would be neat. Songs could provide buffs (auras) or deal AoE damage. Bards also traditionally are good with a variety of rogue type weapons.

I also think a Psion class would be excellent. Their main schtick would be to control the minds of the demons, forcing the very hordes of hell that Malthael has doing his bidding to turn against him.

1 Like

Diablo, get back to the burning hells, you big red sissy. But let me sing you a song first.

Ian Anderson is the only Bard that I can think of.

2 Likes

For diablo you have to think more along the lines of Danzig. I certainly wouldn’t mess with him. A) he’s not a small dude B) he’s got a black belt in something or another C) he looks like he doesn’t have time for any BS

1 Like

He is a punk, knocked out with one punch, watch it on youetube.

Blind guardian/Iron Maiden/demons and wizards are some more story based lyrics. Ian is the only one who can rock the flute like he does though.

Ian can also use his flute as a scepter…:anguished:

:metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

If I need a heavy metal Bard to take out Diablo, I would have to go with Dio, or Judas Priest.

1 Like

If you were talking about a singer/band that has real life skills to fight… I’ll take Alice Cooper and his knife throwing skills :slightly_smiling_face:

One of my first records (early 70s) was from Alice. I personally think he would send Diablo running back to hell with his tail between his legs. Alice as a Bard in a Diablo game could work. But who’s side would he be on. He might align himself with the priests of Rathma.

1 Like

That sounds like a potential Skill for a demonblood aligned Class :smiley:

1 Like