If personal Loot was confirmed

I’d go RIGHT TO THE FORUMS AND MAKE A POST ABOUT IT!

1 Like

i mean why does a change even need to happen?
how hard is it to make private games with your friends
or mf alone
to get what u want or share the loot.

Because this will be the new D2, only without garbage personal loot to muck it all up.

Blizzard has announced that D2/D2:Lod will stay exactly the same as now. Most of us are discussing D2R that will be released September 23, 2021.

Its supposed to be the same game with minor QoL improvements and a full graphic upgrade. What are you smoking?

“in all-new 3D graphics, brand-new cinematics, remastered audio… and the same classic Diablo® II gameplay you remember.” Right off the shop page.

1 Like

Reality and possibilities

On March 7, this Blizzard interview was released and directly quote from
How Diablo 2: Resurrected is calling on the spirit of the original ARPG | PCGamesN

**Players have cheesy strategies and classes they’ve come to love over the years. Are you keeping those intact, or will the game receive a balance pass to give the lesser loved classes their time in the sun?**

**Chris Lena:** Yeah, we made a decision not to do balance changes right now, for the very reason that we want to make sure we deliver the authentic experience. Who knows what might happen in the future with feedback. I know our designers have a list of things they would love to do. So we’ll see how that goes going forward.

**How will Diablo 2: Resurrected be maintained once it releases? Will there be balance patches or updates to keep it fresh?**

**CL:** I think that conversation starts with the technical alpha and goes through to launch. It’s really about what players are looking for and what they want. We love this game – we’re remastering it 20 years later – so we would love to continue giving players what they want.

**CA:** Yeah, I think our focus is really to listen to the community and see what they say online, and then see where it goes from there.

Another Blizzard interview is directly quoted from:
Diablo 2: Resurrected’s single-player alpha starts this Friday | PCGamesN
Lena told us that the door is open for things like balance changes to help keep the game vibrant for a modern community – if, indeed, players indicate that they actually want that to happen.

:rofl: I love how a hypothetical scenario about another hypothetical scenario is being discussed here. Only in the Blizzard forums…

That tells me nothing. It tells me no specifics on what they would consider, what they wont consider, just that they will listen to feedback.

It’s like you already think it’s going to be implemented because of this discussion.

Tell me this. How is instanced/Ploot “The same classic D2 gameplay you remember” ?

1 Like

I am suggesting it be added as an option. If you do not select that option, the loot system will be exactly the same as you remember.

How is auto-gold pickup the same classic gameplay you remember. I vividly remember having to click on gold if I wanted to pick it up.

How is a shared stash classic gameplay.? I distinctly remember muling and perming games.

How is 16:9 screen dimensions classic gameplay? I vividly remember a 4:3 screen dimension. The new dimension affects both PvP and PvM (e.g. monster aggro, attacks at distance, teleport range, so on and so forth)

1 Like

Im suggesting the MAJOR LOOT OVERHAUL you ask for be tossed in the garbage, compared to making the game playable on modern hardware, making it easier to mule so you don’t lose gear, and gold. NOT THE GOLD, NO NOT THAT! ANYTHING BUT THAT!

Seriously my guy, these changes were quality of life, not major overhauls to how the core mechanic of loot finding is done.

1 Like

It is advertised as a new game but at its core it is Diablo II and it’s expansion pack. The advertisement on Battle.Net is needed to raise awareness and to re sell an older game as a new product.
Nothing wrong with doing so, but based on the reactions towards suggested changes from a lot of users in this forum, you could safely assume that a change in the loot system alters the gameplay and feel of the game.
Hence Diablo II: Resurrected will carry the name Diablo II but it won’t represent what the game used to be 20 years ago and what was advertised with saying

Classic gameplay - the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

In addition to that the FFA loot system is a fundamental aspect of the gameplay in the original version and it is also advertised that

Diablo II Resurrected is remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo II

With that being pointed out i can see why people are outraged about the suggestion.

How is a shared stash classic gameplay.?

auto-gold pickup

Both of those are announced features of the new product and it was certainly discussed with at least MrLamaSC way in advance.
Personally i don’t agree with those changes but the discussion is about a new loot system to the game that defines how the game is played at it’s core. Those announced features don’t define how the game is played at it’s core and that’s why they are received more positively.

Adding an option that one does not need to select still means that the D2 “authentic experience” is still there.

You just posted cringe.

If not seperated how will it be a viable option when the revamped ladder start?
You cannot have a ladder system, which is somewhat received as competition, with 2 different loot systems.

1 Like

I prefer it as a selection in a separate realm.

Is there a more detailed plan of how to implenting the private loot system?
If there is could someone link the post so i can read it.

As of now, it looks like that it is not a well thought through suggestion and it’s rather kept superficial at best. Both systems work in different environments and just because it works in one game it doesn’t automatically mean that it will work in other games.

Details are important and i am eager to understand on how people plan to implement their ideas even though i disagree with it.
As a project lead myself i often ask people the same question and based on their knowledge of the system, they explain to me how they think it could be implemented.
So it’s a personal question from my side and it brings constructive feedback to the devs regarding the suggestion.

personal loot needs to be a game creation option. let players filter on the game type they prefer.

I love that response! May I use it? :wink:

MicroRNA, you keep provind us with quality articles that bring joy to my heart and hopes for improving this amazing game. Here are my favorite quotes:

Blockquote Chris Lena: “but also to modernise it in a way that can bring it to people who have never played it before.”
CL: Yeah, we made a decision not to do balance changes right now, for the very reason that we want to make sure we deliver the authentic experience. Who knows what might happen in the future with feedback. I know our designers have a list of things they would love to do. So we’ll see how that goes going forward.
CL: I think that conversation starts with the technical alpha and goes through to launch. It’s really about what players are looking for and what they want. We love this game – we’re remastering it 20 years later – so we would love to continue giving players what they want.
CA: Yeah, I think our focus is really to listen to the community and see what they say online, and then see where it goes from there.

Source: xxhttps://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-2-resurrected/interview

This is the fuel we need to keep giving feedback and ignore the haters, because like Taylor Swift says haters gonna hate. :rofl:

One can keep an authentic remaster experience in D2R as well as adding more optional changes. It is not an either/or proposition. It can be both.

Many want to ignore what Blizzard actually said and are clutching on to what they think Blizzard said. The funny thing is many claim that Blizzard said that D2R will be a “faithful remaster”. The fact is if you google it, Blizzard never said that. It is only in news reports where others describe things. It was never Blizzard/VV who used the descriptor “faithful remaster”.

1 Like

VILEINFECTED, I hear you and I can see that you are as passionate about this game as we are. All I ask is that you refute any of the arguments made for having private loot. So far scales balance on pro private loot to benefit this game. Please use facts and not feeling in your argument. If you can convince me that private loot is the wrong way, please help change my mind or I will continue to post pro private loot posts.